tried lodgis.com?

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 07:49 AM
lechat

tried lodgis.com?

Hey everybody, I am about to rent a furnished apt. in Paris for 3 months for my husband and I and the most reasonable and nicely furnished (according to websites at least) places are on lodgis.com. Ever used it?

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to drag up such an old post, but I was looking for information about this rental company. Lechat: did you rent the apartment? And if so, how was your experience with Lodgis? So far they are the only company we have found with a "true" 2-bedroom apartment with a terrace that is affordable in a central area.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:53 AM

I looked at their site recently when I was selecting a place, so am somewhat familiar with it. As far as I could gather, they are simply a broker or middleman between you and the owner of the apartment. This is similar to NYHabitat. I think all they do is transmit the contracts, etc, but are not responsible for the apt., so I don't think one person's experience would necessarily be representative.

I also think the prices look low because they are the owner's price, but you owe the agency a large fee on top of that which is not included in that price -- about 25 pct of the total rent for shortterm rentals.

Perhaps you are aware of all that, but if you are considering renting directly from the owner that way, there are some other web sites where they don't take a huge fee for advertising it. www.vbro.com is one.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:31 AM

It is so important to read all the fine print when reviewing rental websites. For instance, on the Logis site, if you review the terms regarding fees, is states: "....fees are based on the length of the rental, they are included in the prices listed by week and are not included in the prices listed by month on our website." So fo rthe weekly rates, it is as shown.

One advantage to a rental service is that there is a contact you can call if you have a problem. When you rent from an owner, the owner may be away during your stay and you are "on your own." Of course it varies per property so it is best to be very clear on terms, what to do in an emergency, etc. before signing your contact.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:52 AM

Hi, Christina; where did you end up renting from when you were looking at logis?
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:15 PM

yes, I sort of remember something about the fees being included in some rates and not others, so you do have to really take note of which applies to your situation. That is the same thing NYHabitat does, I think, and a lot of their terms and conditions are identical to them.

I wouldn't rent from them for similar reasons -- they wanted about 30 pct of the rent as a fee but didn't do anything for it. Also, you will have to pay a security deposit directly to the landloard however they want, as well as down payment, and Lodgis (or NYHabitat) does not guarantee that in any way or intervene if you have problems. Anyway, I'd be sure to check out those kind of issues to see if you are comfortable with those. I think Lodgis may be superior to NYHabitat in that at least they have a Parisian office in case you really need to talk to someone or need help. Of course, even if they have a fee, if the price is a lot better than other agencies or the apartment unique, that may make a difference. Just be sure you are comfortable with the terms and not getting any agency "service" for the difference in rates.

I rented from Locaflat and was quite pleased with their service and everything. www.locaflat.com

They really know what they are doing and are very professional. Also, they have a Parisian office in case of problems, and have streamlined their payment conditions. It used to be you had to pay them in local currency by bank check but now they let you send a check in USD, and the exchange rate they told me to use was very good, actually, much better than I would have paid getting a check made out in euro. So that made it very easy.

There are a lot of agencies renting out vacation apartments in Paris, nowadays, that's for sure.