trenitalia website Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm purchasing tickets on the Trenitalia website and wondering what the difference between the flexi and standard fare is(other than cost)? It seems both are refundable with the flexi having travel points accumilating? other than that I can't see any difference?
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:11 PM

The basic difference is that with the standard where you have up to 3 hours for changes without extra charge with the Flexi you have up to 24 hours.
Ex. Stand- change ticket, Once until the train you have booked leaves.
Flexi - Once up to 24 hours after train leaves.. To change reservations standard gives you one change within 3 hours, flexi gives one change withing 24 hours. It's as complex as it looks, even to Italians LOL. The rules for fares are actually on the trenitalia website. somewhere
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

ok. so with a standard fare I can change the booking up to 3 hrs after the train leaves, and with a flexi I can change the fare up to 24 hrs after the train leaves. With this in mind, I don't really see an advantage for a tourist purchasing a flexi ticket?

Thanks for your prompt reply
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:45 PM

I do the trip quite often and this is when I use flexi. When i'm flying INTO Italy and going right out on a train to say, Napoli. It allows for flight delays and long customs and such. Once I'm in the country standard if fine.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again for your reply. I have only just purchased a couple of tickets on the website. Once you know how to navigate your way through the site, the reservation process is very easy.