Reload this Page >

Traveling and Shoppping inTurkey in March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:03 AM
Pup

I'm thinking about going to Turkey in March. Will be in Istanbul but also want to see some of the coast. I don't need to swim I just want to enjoy the scenery. Do they have boat rides and cruises in the off season or are they only available in the summer? Can anyone tell me what would be great places to see other than Istanbul. I like places that have alot of activity but I hate crowds. That's why I'm going during the off season. I also love to shop. I know about the Grand Bazaar but would I find cheaper prices in other towns?

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:49 PM
tio

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
Debbie

We went to Turkey last year in March and I want you to know that there are quite alot of tourists even at that time of the year. Our family had to go through several hotels before we could find a reservation.Actually March is wonderful time to go as it is getting warmer but not too warm like the summer(we wore short sleeved shirts with a sweater).There were quite a few tourists from Britain,Germany,etc.<BR>We found the prices at the Grand Bazaar to be better than other places.I would just stay away from the "cruise ship stops" as the shopping in those places seem to be really high as opposed to Istanbul area.We found that alot of things were not available until after April 1st. Have fun-we loved Turkey and its people.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:57 PM
axa

ttt

Old May 26th, 2002, 08:55 AM
rrr

Shop till you drop at the grand Bazaar -the best prices and selection I found in my travels. Don't hold out waiting for better on the next leg of your trip as I did.

Old May 27th, 2002, 10:07 PM
tt

ttt