I am looking for some advice, we are traveling to Positano this June. There seems to be several ways that we could go. Heres the options so far that I have come across:
Italiarail from Rome to Naples about 1hr , hire private car to drive us to Pompeii on the way to our apartment.
Italiarail from Rome to Salerno about 2 hrs, then ferry into Positano.
Any suggestions or advice?
The suggestion of seeing Pompeii on the way to our apartment was suggested by the private car company. If we decided not to do that, does anyone know what the best way to travel there on a later date would be? Or if that makes since to take any extra day to do Pompeii?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 9 Budget trip
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 12 Driving
- 13 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 Algarve Town Selection
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 paris to london- day trip
- 18 Browsing Barcelona
- 19 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.