Travel Gadgets

Aug 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
jgarvey

Travel Gadgets

Check out today's MSN Homepage or Travel Section for a peek at the newest travel gadgets. Some are quite interesting.

Aug 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM

I'd like to, but I couldn't find anything. Got a link?
Aug 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
jgarvey

Sorry, go to msn.travel.com and then go their slide shows. Wish I knew how to communicate this better.

Aug 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
jgarvey

See, I told you. Sorry. INSTEAD, try travel.msn.com and then go to "Tools and Resources." Some interesting new gadgets.

Aug 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
jgarvey

Zerlina, thanks for helping me out.

Aug 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM

I'm usually a sucker for travel stuff but nothing grabbed me but I did sort of like the funny luggage tags.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM

oooh, the derriere massager.. !
Other ideas - if you see a couple partially inflating beach balls to rest their heads on, that'll be us. (only $1.75 each!)..and I haven't bought one yet but I think this is the coolest 'tripod' ever: http://www.joby.com/
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM

I like the #6 one - Knee Defender ....
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM

BlueSea...I hope that isn't "the" knee defender that people use to prevent the person in front of them from reclining the seat they paid for.

If it is, you might be interested in that portable basball bat that you can use on people who are self-centered/rude enough to use a knee defender.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM

The only thing that caught my eye in that mess of overpriced gadgets was the Knee Defender. I had read about them, but had never seen one. Now, when I decide to lean back and take a snooze, and the seat won't go back, I'll know what to look for.

I do hope the company that sells these has good liability insurance, because I predict there will be some really serious altercations on aircraft over these devilish instruments of selfishness.

A pox on them, and their children's children!

Aug 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM

Dukey,

I see we posted at the same time. Where can one get those portable baseball bats? Are they collapsible, so one can get them through security?

Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM

<< reclining the seat they paid for >>

What about the my right to use the tray table that's supposed to come with the seat I paid for?! "Selfish" is reclining all the way back (some people even do that during meal service).
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM

I usually don't reply to this, but in this case, give me a break. I've never had difficulty using my tray table while the person in front of me reclined his or her seat. Someone would be dealing with one angry woman if I was prevented from reclining my seat -- MY seat, it's MY seat.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM

The tray table is anchored in the part of the seat that doesn't recline, and is unaffected by reclining. This gizmo is ridiculously selfish. If I can't put my seat back because of one, someone's going to get an earful. I can't imagine any airline would allow it if pointed out to them.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM

<< The tray table is anchored in the part of the seat that doesn't recline, and is unaffected by reclining. >>

The seat reclines into the space on top of the tray table. You must be lucky enough to not have sat behind anyone inconsiderate enough to recline all the way.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM

I have ALWAYS sat behind someone with their seat reclined all the way, and while it is a little cramped, it's NO BIG DEAL. It certainly doesn't interfere with my flight, my meal, or getting up out of my seat.

It's people who think they have a God-given right to use their laptops in whatever position they see fit, to the extent that they will interfere with my simple right to sit in my seat, who annoy me far more.
Aug 2nd, 2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks for sharing jgarvey!

I personally like the tripod and the little portable germ-killer lol!!

Layla

Search this Thread