Travel from Florence to Como

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found train travel info at www.trenitalia.it for travel from Florence to Como. However, it requires a transfer from Milano Centrale to Milano Cadorna. Can someone tell me how to get from one station to the other? Thank you!
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM

It's about 4 stops on Line 2 of the Metro. Allow 30 mins, or possibly a bit more, for the whole transfer.

But when I used to do this, there were trains from Centrale to Como every hour or so, and they were faster. I'd have thought it'd be easier not to change stations but wait for the next long distance train.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Do you need to get to Como city? You can get to other parts of Lake Como WITHOUT changing train stations. For example, if you were heading to mid-lake (Bellagio), you could take a train from Milano Centrale to Varenna-Esino, which is a 10-minute ferry ride across the lake from Bellagio.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM

Two Como stations

S Giovanni (sp?) is the mainline Trenitalia station that goes onto to Switzerland from Milan

Cordona is the Nord de Milan (sp?) commuter railway that is not part of Trenitalia.

Easiest way is to go from Milano Centrale to the mainline Como station, which is about one mile from the boat docks (where the Nord Milano trains from Milan-Cordona arrive)

The Nord Milan trains are very slow as they stop constantly - more comfy and faster trains on the mainline Trenitalia route.

But ellenem gives excellent advice if you are heading to Bellagio
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

I do have to go to Como city. I changed my destination to Como S. Giovanni and it is a better route. Thanks for the info.