Milano Centrale to Como by train

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me how often and when the latest train from Milano Centrale to Como is?

It seems the Trenitalia web site is screwed up and won't show me the time schedule. On the main page it lists "Official Timetable
Valid Until 13/12/2003" so I don't know if anyone from Trenitalia even looks at this site.

Thanks

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:34 PM
JonJon

I assume you are talking about the city of Como..if so the last train leaves at 9:10 PM from the Cadorna (NOT Centrale) station; trains run about twice each hour.

Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:56 PM

To clear up any confusion, there are two stations in Milan and two in Como. The train that leaves from Milano Centrale goes to a station in Como that about a half-mile or so from the lake. The train from Cardona is the one that stops at a station near the lake in Como.
At least, that was the case when we were there a couple years ago.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:37 PM

Hi Mark,

It looks like the last train from Milano Centrale to Como San Giovanni is at 21.25; arriving at 22.05. You didn't specify which Como station so I just picked one.

When you're on the Trenitalia site you need to enter the full station name rather than just entering Como. That's the only way it seems to work. If you don't know which station then type Como in the destination and you'll see the choices (Como Nord Lago or Como S. Giovanni). Then hit your back button and put in the destination station.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I should of been more specific but I was only aware of one station in Milan and Como.

I'm arriving at Malpensa at 7:30 PM and need to get to the city of Como, specifically Albergo Firenze. Here is a map of the hotel location: http://www.albergofirenze.it/en-af.htm

So, I'm not sure what train staitions I will need to leave from and arrive at. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.
Mark
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:11 AM

I just making an educated guess, but you're probably better off taking the train from Milano Centrale.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

I emailed Albergo Firenze asking what train stations I should use after arriving at Malpensa. This was their response:
"arriving from Malpensa airport you will catch the Malpensa express train to Saronno, change there and get off in Como Lago which is only 5 minutes walking from us."

I assume from the name, the "Malpensa express train" leaves from the airport. Is this correct? Also, can someone estimate how long this trip Malpensa > Saronno > Como Lago should take?

Thanks for the help.
Mark
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 06:45 AM

You can look at the Malpensa Express and other related trains at:
www.ferrovienord.it/webmxp/ing/index.html
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 07:30 AM

MarkY, Yes, you are correct, the Malpensa Express train does leave directly from the airport.
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi. We did the Como-Saronno-Malpensa journey last October. The connecting time in Saronno is about 10-12 minutes. You have to change tracks, but it's a small station. The entire journey took about 75 minutes. The Como-Saronno segment is a real commuter line with many stops. The Saronno-Malpensa is more of a true express.