Reload this Page >

Which train station in Como?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:24 PM
travel nut

I was surprised to see more than one train stop in Como and do not know which to choose.<BR>We are coming from Milan by train and want to catch the hydrofoil to Bellagio. Which station is close to the boats--San Giovanni?

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 03:33 PM
confused

Como San Giovanni is the station on the main line between Milano Centrale and Switzerland.<BR><BR>Como Lago Nord is the end station for trains from Milano Nord Cadorna, operated by &quot;Ferrovie Nord Milano&quot;.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:03 PM
confused

The train station Nord Cadorna is closer to the duomo and city center than the main station Centrale. The station Como Lago Nord is closer to the lake than the main station.<BR>www.ferrovienord.it/

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 08:41 PM
skip como

I have nothing against Como, but if your destination is Bellagio, just take the train from Milano Centrale to Varenna. You just walk down the hill through the village to the ferry stop. Runs back and forth every 15 minutes or so to Bellagio, take 15 minutes.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:30 AM
travel nut

Thanks, but I still do not know which I want to catch the boat to bellagio. I can start at either cadrona or centrale but do not want to walk with my bags to catch the boat--Help !

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Alice Twain

I suggest you to take the Ferrovie Nord. Not only the Como Nord Lago station is far closer to the boat langing site, but it also grants you a pretty spectacular arrival in Como, in a small iron-built art nouveau station right in front of the lake.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Lewis

Travel Nut<BR>I agree with Alice. It's right at the foot of the lake. Boats are just to the left at the end of the platform Enjoy!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 02:40 PM
skip como

Travel nut,<BR> I agree with Alice and Lewis, if you want to go to Como and catch the boat with a minimum of walking, you will take the train from Milano Nord Cadorna to Como Nord Lago. <BR><BR> If you are taking the hyrdrofoil for the sightseeing, you might be disappointed. The slower ferries provide a much better view. If you are taking the hydrofoil for the speed, it would still be faster to take the train to Varenna and ferry across to Bellagio. The walk from the Lago station to the hydrofoil in Como is about the same as the walk from the Varenna train to the ferry, both very short.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Howard

Just be aware that there is a slow and fast hydrofoil from Como to Bellagio (at least there were 3 years ago). The slow one makes many stops and takes 2 hours. The fast one only make 2 or 3 stops and only takes 45 minutes.