Reload this Page >

TRASTEVERE HOTELS

Search

TRASTEVERE HOTELS

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 03:44 PM
pam

TRASTEVERE HOTELS

Does any one have recommendations for a hotel in this section of Rome and if so, how close is it to transportation, etc. There weren't many listed in Fodor's List. Thanks.

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Vincenzo

I suggest you hotel LA CISTERNA, very close to Santa Maria in Trastevere church.<BR>Be attention for breakfast, not included in the rate.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:12 PM
poesjemau

We stayed at the Hotel Trastevere, on Via Luciano Manara. The staff, Vanessa and Mr. Di Ludovico were gracious and helpful at all times. The back of the hotel overlooks the Piazza San Cosimato. It's a short walk to Viale di Trastevere where you can pick up a bus or tram.

Old May 18th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Catherine

We are booked at the Villa Del Fonte in Trastevere in August. I don't really know much about the hotel, although it looked nice on their website. If anyone has stayed there, I'd love to know about your experience. I am hoping that Trastevere will be a fun and convenient place to stay--don't really know if that's true either.

Old May 19th, 2002, 12:02 AM
bert

I stayed there for a week and still live. Good place but you have to make your stay wortwhile yourselves, as any place

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Bob

We are staying at Hotel Santa Maria. Anyone familiar with this bed and breakfast? What is walking distance to Vatican, Spanish Steps? Would it be better to taxi and then stroll back? Will be there late July only two nights.

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:56 AM
pam

I, too, have heard of Hotel Santa Maria and was curious if its as nice as it looks on their website....