Transport from Venice airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am needing advice on how to cheaply get to my hotel on Lido from the Venice airport--am confused as I see 2 buses (ACTV/orange and ATVO/blue) and not sure which is most direct/fastest. Can I do it just by bus or do I need a vaporetto also?
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 05:32 AM

How cheap is cheap? You can go directly from the airport to the Lido for €12 on the Alilaguna.

For €6.50, you can take the ACTV bus and then a vaporetto to Lido using the same ticket. this will take longer and require getting on and off more types of transport. Is the €5.50 savings worth it to you?
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:09 AM

ACTV is a local bus that is part of the same transport system as the vaporetti. It will make stops along the way from the airport to Piazzale Roma. It is a local bus, with some seats but also standing area for passengers and no luggage compartment.

The ATVO is an "express" bus that stops at the airport and then goes directly to Piazzale Roma, so it's a bit faster. The bus is more of a long distance bus, meaning there are comfortable seats all facing forward and a luggage compartment below the bus. However, it is NOT part of the transport system so it requires a separate ticket of €3.00.
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Ellen-- that was exactly what I needed to know..
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:52 PM

just wondering--which sounds best to you?
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Am thinking the ATVO that goes faster to Piazza Roma and then the boat to Lido-- I like the idea of the storage under the bus for luggage and the ability to have a seat ...really will depend on my airline ticket that I haven't gotten yet..if I get in late I will want to get right to the hotel..if early I can "look" around as I do the bus/boat route....
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM

born if you are considering the ATVO and the vaporetto for 9.50 euros, just take the Alilaguna for 12 euros as ellen suggested. About a five minute walk from the terminal to the docks and about 50 minutes later you will arive at the Lido. No transfers, no messing with luggage till you get off. Here is a link to their website.

www.alilaguna.it

there will be a stop on Murano and depending on which boat you get on maybe Fondamente Nove and then the Lido.

As you exit arrivals at Marco Polo walk straight towards the front entrance, at the first cross hall take a left, the ticket office is just a bit down this hall.

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Notbob-- oh, that makes alot of sense...I thought I had to get some kind of a shuttle to take the alilaguna-- it is probably well worth it then to only have to find my way to the boat...Thanks
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:03 AM

Yes, the Alilaguna requires a short walk from the terminal, but no other changes to reach Lido.

The land bus options are just outside the terminal, but then require changing to vaporetti, making it a longer trip.