Transport from FCO to Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this has been discussed before. I tried the search function using as many different words and combinations of words and found nothing.

There was a thread(s) about private transfer services and/or limo services and now I can't find any information.

Can someone please help?

Lydia
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:43 AM

I used LimoServiceRome for my trip in summer of 2006. I chose it after reading favorable reviews.

Their fee of 45 euro included waiting 1 hr and 15 min past when the plane is supposed to arrive.

We had a very pleasant man, who we chatted with all the way into the city...he w/his little english and we w/our very little italian.

It was such a relief to find him standing there in baggage w/ a sign with our name on it.

They were very prompt w/responses via email and the whole transaction was paid for before we left the U.S.

I'd highly recommend them. A great comfort to newbie travelers.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:47 AM

www.romeshuttlelimousine.com will transfer up to 3 people with luggage from FCO to central Rome for only 35 Euro, with pretty much unlimited waiting time (one driver waited over 1.5 hours for me late at night), and you only pay the driver when you get to your hotel.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM
LJ

Try Leonardo Davinci Airport maybe?...I don't know why it didn't turn up on a search becasue there is a LOT of info and maybe some of it talks about a limo, but mostly the recco is to take the train and that is all I can suggest as that is cheapest, fastest, and, unless your circumstances are extraordinary (wheelchairs, or luggage for an extended stay) easiest.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM

I don't see how the train can be considered easiest, when a shuttle driver will be waiting for you right where you come out of getting your luggage vs. the hike you will have to get to the train. And the train isn't necessarily that much cheaper, especially for more than one person, because you still have to take a taxi from Termini station to your hotel.

In a couple of days, I'll be using www.airportshuttle.it for the fifth time. Very reliable, they will also wait for you. In fact, on one trip when my luggage was lost and I had to go to the next terminal to report it, they put me on a later shuttle.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM

www.romecabs.com. They even do a mini-tour on the way to your accomdations, as well as provide you with their cell phone number prior to your departure for Rome.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM

I can recommend www.romeshuttlelimousine.com We used them last May and were very happy with their service. They were waiting for us and we were taken quickly to Rome via a scenic route. Their was some confusion with the address of our apartment and the driver called our agency and we were all set within a few minutes. He did not speak english and we did not speak italian, but managed just fine. They were 35 euro and we did give him a tip. We are going in March and will be using them again.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM

I'll second the recommendation for Rome Cabs. I used them in December and they were great. Made the reservation via email prior to leaving home. The driver was waiting for us and as Statia said he did a mini-tour for us on the way to our hotel.

For the return trip my flight time changed and I just contacted them to change the pick-up time with no trouble at all.

Cost was 45 Euro each way.