Transport from Airport?

Search

Transport from Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transport from Airport?

My husband and I along with another couple will be in Paris for three days in late August and will be staying at Hotel Jardin del'Odeon. The hotel notes it is a direct RER line B from the airport. Has anyone taken this transport into this area and how easy is it? Also in some earlier info from the hotel I noticed a shuttle service from either the airport or the rail station...anyone familiar with that? Many thanks.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:48 AM

Enter the hotel address in Google and hit "maps."

7, r Casimir Delavigne, 75006 Paris, France

On the east side of the Luxembourg Gardens (that big green park south of your hotel), you will see the Luxembourg RER station. This is on a straight line from CDG. I would estimate the walking time to be on the order of four minutes.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 12:36 PM

If you have much luggage--and given that there will be 4 of you--a taxi would be much the easiest. It would cost about 60 Euros; a shuttle for four would be more expensive.

You could also take the Air France Roissy bus into central Paris.

The RER is particularly prime territory for pickpockets, who prey on sleepy passengers.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM

bogger,

Last month we arrived in Paris at Gare Nord - we took the metro to our hotel in the 6th, just on the south side of the Luxembourg Gardens. We each had one carry-on sized suitcase with wheels, and although the metro was crowded, the trip was a breeze.

Needless to say, the airport is further out. We took a shuttle to the airport on our departure day. It cost us $35.00euro for two, and took forever as the shuttle went from hotel to hotel to hotel.

Give the RER or the metro a try --- you will feel great when you master the public transportation, and save money, too!

Once you get into Paris, learn the bus system as it is a great way to get around. Quite efficient, too!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 12:48 PM

And do be vigilant about watching your bags on the RER trains - the US State Dept in the past has issued special warnings about theft on the RER line from the airport.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM

Slight correction to the following:

"You could also take the Air France Roissy bus into central Paris."

Roissybus is a city bus service that terminates at Opéra.

The Air France buses go from CDG to Porte Maillot and Étoile on one route, and Gare de Lyon and Gare Montparnasse on the other. You can get a 25% discount if you buy a Paris City Pass (see http://en.parisinfo.com/rub6765.html...del%3dp_detail).