From PARIS CDG AIRPORT to HOTEL

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From PARIS CDG AIRPORT to HOTEL

Need help!

what is the EASIEST and fairly cheaper way from airport to hotel?

sightseeing not an issue.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM

Define easy and cheap? To me using the train and metro is easy and cheap. If you have lots of bags, or are uncomfortable on public transist when you first arrive...

Where is your hotel...I can get you there cheap, but it may be only somewhat easy.

At the highest level you have:

RER train, cheapest, several stops in central Paris. Depending on where your hotel is, might be able to walk from station...OR...take Metro to hotel area...OR...take Metro with transfer of line...OR take bus from RER stop...OR take cab from RER stop. Note that RER ticket will give you access to the Metro/Bus system. ~9 euros (+ cab?)

Roissybus is a shuttle from airport that has pre-defined stops in Central Paris. Fairly cheap. From the stop, depending on where hotel is...Metro/Cab/Bus. ~9 euros + Metro/Cab fare

Air France bus is similar to Roissybus. ~14 euros + Metro fare

Cab from airport, probably most expensive 30-50 euros(?) based on hotel

Shuttle from airport, also expensive. May entail stops along way to drop off other passengers.30-50 euros(?)

So..without knowing exactly whrere your hotel is not it is a bit hard to say which is the best combinatin of easiest and cheapest. Easiest will be cab/shuttle, but you pay a price
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Easiest is to pre-arrange a shuttle or private car service. Cheapest is the RER/Metro. Michel gives good info. Not knowing where your hotel is, it's hard to know if the RER/Metro is a good choice for you. You might want to pose the question to someone at your hotel.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Do you have the hotel name?
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Itsmesophia may have name but in reading this thread, I could use help.

I am staying in 4th at Hotel Andrea Rivoli 3, rue Saint Bon. That is a small street near Hotel De Ville. I am flying from Venice to Paris but don't know if into Orlay or Charles DeGuale yet, but think the latter.

(Waiting to hear of Alitalia's fate as my daughter taking it w/ group to Italy in mid July for language trip then I pick her up when over, we fly to Paris and then back to Venice to meet my family for our planned family trip. Her group trip may be changed so I cannot book my Venice flight to Paris as of yet).

Any advice on less expensive modes of train, bus, shuttle is good. We will have two luggages and carry bags.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM

Ciao Ciaodeb,

You will get two opinions here on whether to take the RER/public transit with luggage. I can say that there is an area on the train to put your luggage (near doors) so that you can sit/stand easier. There could be walking involved/escalators. So part of the decision is your tolerance for some "lugging"

Based on your location, it is an easy route on public transit. The RER from CDG would get you to the Chatelt station, from there you can walk to your hotel, about 2 blocks. The note to this...is that Chatelet is one of the larger stations, with possibly much walking. But in your case you are exiting not switching lines so that could be to your advantage.