Train Seat Assignment

Search

Train Seat Assignment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train Seat Assignment

We just booked a Mini fare from Firenze to Civitavecchia via Rome, two seats. Is there somewhere one can access a seating plan for the trains to see if it has assigned seats to us that are together. I put in "Window" so I am not sure if it then assigns both seats to Windows and we might be opposite each other. On the AV train we have seats 72 and 78. On the Eurostar City train we have 104 and 106.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
GAC

You can locate the seating chart for your reserved trains here:

www.lefrecce.it

You will need to locate each train's seating chart separately. Charts show only by individual railcar, and (as far as I know) you can't force the system to show you any particular railcar chart. It bring up a certain railcar according to its programmed logic. Let us know if the chart shows the seats as being unavailable (assuming that it shows the specific railcar where your reserved seats are located).

In any case, don't worry: you should be able to trade seats if necessary between Florence and Rome (nonstop on the AV train) and between Rome and Civitavecchia (nonstop on the ES-City train).
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast response. I am obviously having a bad day as I can't see any links to seat plans from this website. Can you explain where they are located?
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Next time use the Le Frecce link to book as you can actually click on the seats you want. Here is the link in English.
http://www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index...003f16f90aRCRD

You have to be sure to click select the seat (scroll down after you select your train) and then continue without registration(if you just want to see diagrams). You will be able to see seat charts on the next screen page. You might not get to see your particular car (each can be a bit different) if it's already sold out as Trenitalia will only show cars that have availability.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I have found them.

Also discovered that I hadn't noticed that I had inadvertently switched stations. Unfortunate as we are staying within walking distance of the SM Novella station and could have got a train from there. We now go from Campo Di Marte One lives and learns. This is a much better website!!!
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 05:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Both links above are for Trenitalia's website, but only for the faster trains. It will not show the slower R trains. I always check the regular Trenitalia link and the Le Frecce link as I've found fares to be inconsistently loaded between the two. If you use the link for faster trains only, you can see multiple trains and mini fares on one screed. You also have to use the Italian spelling for the stations (even on the English) page or you won't get results.
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 06:49 AM
GAC

You have fallen into the trap of inadvertently booking one of the rare AV trains from Firenze Campo di Marte to Roma Termini. You're not the first, and will not be the last, to fall into this trap.

If I were designing the Trenitalia website, I would flash a warning legend: "You are departing from Firenze Campo di Marte" before somebody proceeds to book the ticket. But the site it designed primarily for locals, most of whom know about the different train stations in Florence (and in Rome).
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Well it is nice to know that I am not the first to be so stupid.
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Thanks very much for these alternative links for trenitalia. They're really helpful.