Reload this Page >

train from venice to vienna?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:50 AM
xxx

I was going to take the night train from Venice to Vienna but while reading another thread it came to my mind that I will be passing the dolomites so shall i take a day train to see them? It will be in winter so will the scenery be nice?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:36 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, xxx or xxx.com, xxx<BR>Hve taken it twice from Wien to Venice<BR>in winter, late November but a night<BR>did run into a blizzard as we went over<BR>the alps to IT, A day trip wil take<BR>about 7 hours, would think the scenery would be nice but not spectacular...<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:45 AM
Singapore

ttt

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Ira

Hi<BR>I took the day train from Venice to Vienna. Thought it was gorgeous.<BR>Chacun a son gout.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Ira

Hi<BR>I took the day train from Venice to Vienna. Thought it was gorgeous.<BR>Chacun a son gout.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Ben Haines

At a higher fare you can go by day with a change in Innsbruck, and so catch the Dolomites (north of Verona, not north east of Venice), the Tyrolean Alps, the upland meadows of Bavaria, and even Melk Abbey. A good connection might be Venice Santa Lucia 0700, Verona 0825 to 0900, Paganni restaurant car express, Innsbruck 1232 to 1330, Transalpin restaurant car express (with observation car in the first class), Vienna West 1850.<BR><BR>This is four hours longer than the direct route: Venice 1314, Vienna 2101.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>