Reload this Page >

Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:10 AM
Lisa

I know I've seen it posted somewhere, but can't seem to find it now. I am trying to find the train schedule from St. Petersburg to Moscow and would like to reserve it in advance before I go to Russia. I'm leaving in 2 weeks. HELP! Thanks. Lisa

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:17 AM
Marc David Miller

They generally leave between 11 PM and midnight, arriving 7 hours later (there are several trains at this hour). How do you plan on booking it?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM
Marc David Miller

They generally leave between 11 PM and midnight, arriving 7 hours later (there are several trains at this hour). How do you plan on booking it?<BR><BR>Also, you can search under "Russia" and see older postings, including the responses to your other questions.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:52 AM
Lisa

I was hoping to book it myself online if it's available. I looked through several pages of older posts and couldn't seem to find the site.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Marc David Miller

I think the online booking was only applicable for the Helsinki-St Petesrburg portion of your trip (as there are no online bookings of Russia-only trains). You can call your hotel or guide to do this for you.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:40 PM
Faina

Lisa, if you can read and understand russian (cyrillics), this is the schedule web<BR>http://www.railways.ru/<BR><BR>If not check these 2 web sites, never used them, found by simple Internet search, looks like these are travel agencies who can make the reservations for you.<BR><BR>http://www.waytorussia.net/Services/TrainTickets.html<BR><BR>http://www.russian-tours.spb.ru/tickets_rail.html

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 07:56 AM
Jennifer

Unless you have special needs (wheelchair or something like that), you're probably going to pay an awfully lot extra by booking it from home.<BR><BR>Obviously, you're probably there by now! By for anyone else reading this, it really isn't necessary at all to buy tickets ahead of time so far in advance.<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 08:11 AM
Marc David Miller

I disagree with Jennifer; those trains do fill up rapidly during peak holiday periods and if you are trying to get on a specific train you may find yourself disappointed (in June for instance the trains were sold out consistently two weeks in advance).

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 08:12 AM
Marc David Miller

I disagree with Jennifer; those trains do fill up rapidly during peak holiday periods and if you are trying to get on a specific train you may find yourself disappointed (in June for instance the trains were sold out consistently two weeks in advance).<BR><BR>True, you will pay more but you will be assured of a ticket; also, buying a ticket yourself can be a long and frustrating experience (two hour waits in line, miscommunications, etc.).

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 08:49 PM
Jennifer

Hi Marc! Okay, you didn't have to post your message twice (just teasing you).<BR><BR>I really didn't have problems buying my tickets the day of departure, but I'll have to defer to Marc on this one because he's been to Russia many more times than I and has done much more research than I have. Also, he has given me some extremely valuable information concerning Russia, and I really would trust his word.<BR><BR>Jennifer