Tour for Battle of the Bulge?

Feb 19th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Tour for Battle of the Bulge?

We're looking for a tour of the Battle of the Bulge war area? DH and I are interested in WWII, but not near qualified enough to be experts! We toured the Normandy area several years ago and want to follow up with a Battle of the Bulge area tour. I've been reading about areas around the Ardennes and at this point I'm overwhelmed! What town/city would be a good base? We will have a car. We're planning on a two-week adventure in April. We fly into Frankfurt and start in Baden-Baden to recover from the jet lag, meander around Bruges and end with a stay in Amsterdam. We're looking for a half-day or full-day tour. Any ideas?
Feb 20th, 2018, 10:54 AM

topping - maybe janis will see as she before has posted lots on that area (though not sure about tours).
Feb 20th, 2018, 11:33 AM

I'm leaving for the day -- but just saw this. I'll post more later but definitely contact Henri Mignon. Henri Mignon Bastogne Bulge Easy Company Tours

He does small group and private tours . . . a true gem. He was an eight year old living in the area during the Battle of the Bulge/Ardennes. He is a military historian and knows everything about every unit and skirmish. He customized my (private) tour to cover the eastern parts of the battle zone because that is where my father's unit was. He will do the tour in your vehicle or for extra € will use his. He took me to the very village where my Dad's platoon was under siege. It was a long but life changing day . . .

IME he is very responsive and will do a fixed itinerary or customize it to what you are specifically interested in.
Feb 20th, 2018, 06:04 PM

My DH and his friend went on Henry Mignon's private tour. They loved it.
Feb 20th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information! This is what I was looking for. DH and I are researching and reading now.