Gate One Discovery Tour Moroccan Allure

Aug 1st, 2018, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Gate One Discovery Tour Moroccan Allure

If you have taken this Gate One tour would you mind sharing your experience. We're thinking about Dec. 2019, departure. Thank you.
Aug 15th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Les

My apologies for piggy-backing onto this thread, but my wife and I are also interested in taking this tour, and would also appreciate some information. In particular, is there an "activity rating" associated with this tour. Because of a back problem, my wife generally needs the help of a cane when she walks. She has no trouble walking long distances, but climbs (such as stairs or steep hills) slow her down, and we're worried about keeping up with the group. I spoke with someone at Gate 1 about this, but the only information she could give me was that "you have to keep up." Obviously, some first-hand would be more helpful.
Thanks.
Aug 27th, 2018, 10:21 AM

We do list information with our packages. Currently under "Is This Trip Right For You?" for the Moroccan Allure it states the following: This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend two to three hours on our feet during tours. The pace is fast. We have many early mornings and long bus rides necessary to cover the territory. Some of our tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. We do hope this helps with making your travel plans.
Aug 27th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Les

Thanks. I eventually found this information after re-reading the description, and I'm now researching the possibility of arranging a private tour (car, driver, guide) with exactly the same itinerary.
Any recommendations in this regard would be appreciated.