Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Torn on Rome Apartment - Please help me choose!!

Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to make my final decision by tomorrow (Friday) morning. I am just going crazy deciding!! Me, hubby and the 2 boys (8 and 11) are the occupants.

1. http://www.italyperfect.com/rome-spa...ia-veneto.html
Via Sardegna and Via Toscana, 1 and 1/2 blocks east off the Via Veneto.
Apartment looks very lovely in a great neighborhood and there is wifi - a must for DH so he can stay connected. However, I am worried we are too far from everything.

2. http://www.papaverorentals.com/prope...=2010#calendar
The apartment is near Quattro Fontane and 10 minutes from Piazza Barberini
No wifi - but cabled DSL.
Worried it may be too busy, noisy, and harried and in a less desirable location.

Please help I am a nut job over this!! I have to book and move on to the rest of the trip
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Without knowing the street for the Quattro Fontane apartment, it's impossible to say whether it would be too busy or noisy, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a less desirable location. It's certainly more central and better connected for public transport than the Via Sardegna one.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM

I'm with Zerlina. I'd want a street address for the Quattro Fontane apartment. Especially since the listing says "10 minutes from Piazza Barberini" and I would estimate that Quattro Fontane and Piazza Barberini are about 5 minutes apart--that extra 5 minutes could get you to any number of locations, some better than others. (This is also based on the fact that I would never have described Apartment 1 as "Spanish Steps.")

Both look nice enough.
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM

I just booked my own apartment in Rome for the first time, so cannot provide an opinion on the locations. However, I know the feeling of driving yourself crazy with the search. You are right to set a deadline, make a choice, and just get on with it. Accept the fact that no apartment is likely to be perfect, each will have its pros and cons, but most that you have carefully researched are likely to be just fine. I'm sure you'll all have a great time wherever you land.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 02:07 AM

We once stayed in the Hotel Golden in the Via Sardegna area - it is a bit of a hike to anywhere you probably want to go
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 04:46 AM

These are both pretty far removed. Are you open to last minute suggestions? Here are two other apts. One each from the two agencies you listed that are both MUCH better located.

http://www.italyperfect.com/rome-rom...ment/lora.html

http://www.papaverorentals.com/prope...eferenceNo=R16