Top 2 Paris Resurants

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Carole

Top 2 Paris Resurants

Can anyone help? I'm taking my mother to Paris for her Birthday - any 'must go to' restaurants...and what about a relaxing bottle of vin rouge after?

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Lovetoeat

Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower<BR>Michel Rostang<BR>Alain Ducasse<BR>The Bristol

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:02 AM
yummy

Had spectacular meals at Taillevent, Laurent and Lucas Carton (last was a long time ago).

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Wendy

Taillevent is consistantly rated the best restaurant in Paris. Having been there in Jan. I can tell you that it is not to be missed! Amazing food, service, ambiance, etc. Yes it is very expensive! Yes it is worth every penny! This is not one of those "chef of the moment" places. This is THE place!<BR><BR>Happy Birthday to your mom! I took mine when she turned 60, she still talks about it!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Lovetoeat

Taillevent has a new chef and I've heard it's not as good as it used to be, though I stress, I do not know first hand.<BR><BR>We ate at Lucas Carton a year ago and thought it was absolutely mediocre and would NEVER return or recoommend for that kind of $$.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Lori

Le Grand Vefour!!!!!!!<BR><BR>Worst - Lucas Carton - mediocre at best

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Ian

We had dinner at Taillevent 10 days ago & Jules Vernes the following night. Both were exquisite. Taillevent had a more traditional feel & Jules Verne is more modern. Both are not to be missed.