Reload this Page >

Tivoli Gardens Summer

Search

Tivoli Gardens Summer

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
Nicky

Tivoli Gardens Summer

Looking to spend my 50th birthday at the Tivoli Gardens at the end of July. Has anyone been to any of the restaurants there? Any recommendations? Also, is there anywhere I can find out what (preferably rock) concerts they might be having at that time?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:06 PM
Clare

Nicky - I went for dinner there a few years ago - had a great meal but have no idea of the name of the restaurant! However there are heaps of places to dine in the gardens - we just walked around and picked the one that we most liked the menu of. Regarding amusements - you can check out their web site: http://www.tivoligardens.com/

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:16 PM
keshav

Nicky, I was there last Aug and was<BR>disappointed...not with the food but with how small the place was and so little that was there to do in Tivoli.<BR>Opinions differ I guess. Go there only if you have to!

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Anna

Don't skip Tivoli. It is a unique wonderful place with lots to do. It is larger than it looks at first glance. I got lost there the first time I went, wandering among the lagoons in the back of the park. The people-watching is excellent, there is music around every corner, and an atmsphere you won't experience anywhere else. The lights are beautiful at night, twinkling in the trees and along the paths. There are few major thrill rides, but enough to keep my kids happy, and lots of interesting things to do. We enjoyed the booth where you throw rocks at crockery. Stay til 11 and see the fireworks. They have their own factory and make their own. Oldest working roller coaster in the world is there too. Don't miss Tivoli.

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:04 AM
greg

We ate at a chinese restaurant and another cafeteria type of restaurant around the lake. We thought both were very good. Nothing like amusing park rip offs we were used to in the US mega parks. Although one was cafeteria style place, the salmon was cooked to order and done right.<BR><BR>If you are looking for something comparable to US mega parks in Tivoli, you will be disappointed. The park has neither the size nor the hype of US parks, but that were precisely the reason why we liked it, different from US parks.<BR><BR>There were shows going every half hour somewhere. Fireworks are on selected nights only, not everyday. The park is very pretty at night. Non of the rides had long wait line, just few minutes. We were in middle July.

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Nicky

I appreciate all of your help. I have been there before, but not for many years, so I do know that it's not a mega-amusement park in terms of rides. I seem to recall it having pretty much the same easy going amusement rides as the Prater in Vienna, but much prettier (and, of course, without the giant ferris wheel!). I was thinking, though, instead of grabbing a hot dog at a stand that we'd head for one of the restaurants they have there, but don't know which one, since I've not been to any of them. Any more thoughts?