Time in Paris prior to check-in

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone, My family arrives in Paris at 8:15 a.m. on Thursday, April 17. We are not able to check in to our apartment until 4:00 p.m. Nor can we store our luggage at the apartment. I am interested in any ideas on how we can spend our time until we can check in. I would love any ideas where we can go somewhere, check our luggage, etc. I know we will be tired from our flight. Thanks!
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Finding a place to leave the luggage is the trick. Then you can simple take a walk, have some lunch, maybe see a couple easy things (gardens if the weather is nice, a museum if it's cold or raining).

Train station lockers? A hotel where you are not staying? are two possible ideas.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM

there are left luggage facilities at Gare du Nord, if you are taking the RER from CDG
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
cw

Did the apartment agency or owner have any suggestion? This situation must come up all the time.

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM

That is unusual that the apaartment owner does not allow you to drop the luggage off. All those who I deal with, do make that arrangement. They obviously are well aware that our flights from the US arrive early morning.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM

I can't help with the luggage problem, but I have a feeling that if you push back with the apartment owner, they might be able to help you out with that.

Depending on where your apartment is, you might want to do as we did three years ago. We spent our first day in Paris wandering around the left bank. We went to the Museum of the Moyen Age to see the Unicorn tapestries, which doesn't take too long, and they are very beautiful.

That isn't too far from the Cafe des Deux Magots which is a great place to sit and people watch for a while. It is a lively area and fun to see what the Parisian women are wearing this year.

There are a lot of quaint areas around there, and it was just fun to get acclimated to Paris that way.