Time Elevator Roma & Gladiator School

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Italy for two and half weeks - leaving June 28th. We will be in Rome for three days. Our daughter who is 10 will be with us and several people suggested a good orientation for her would be the time elevator. I have tried the website given on this site and in the fodor's Rome with kids book, but can't get any info. Does anyone know if it is still open?
Also, has anyone taken the gladiator course at the gladiator school? Again, it looks like a lot of fun for a 10 year old.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

topping. Asking again?
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:49 PM

A 45-minute "interactive" movie, the Roma Time Elevator, would be a good introduction to Rome for your 12-year-olds. It presents a historical context for the city that is very accessible for kids that age because it is delivered in a way they "get." My 13-year-old enjoyed the movie with all the special effects/ moving seats, etc. It costs about 11 E for adults, less for kids.

I posted the above sometime last year. We went to the movie, it was quite interesting. Apparently there is a new website:
http://www.time-elevator.com/main/wh.../rome/rome.htm

Try this link. I do recommend the movie, but caution you that the seats move a lot, and make some people sick. You can ask for stationary seats.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks kswl, that website works! Do you recommend buying tickets in advance? I heard the lines can be long.
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:24 AM

We walked right in, but it was the middle of November. As busy as Rome is over the summer, I would consider it if you're itinerary is pretty planned out. But again, this is something I would do at the beginning of the trip, as sort of an introduction to Rome. We enjoyed it very much.

ps the entrance is sort of unprepossessing. I had expected a Disney-type welcome sign, but the outside is quite modest, unless they have made changes in the past six months. It's easy to walk right by!
Old Apr 24th, 2005, 08:35 AM

My children age 10/11 liked it too. As mentioned, the entrance is a bit hard to find. We went early November and walked right in. It gives a good overview of Rome and its history.
They also liked those books that you can buy everywhere that show how the ancient ruins used to look.