Reload this Page >

thunderstrom in provence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:08 PM
curious

I will be Avignon in early June. It may be raining and with thunderstorms per wheather forecast. I always belived rain esp. heavy rain, is rare at this time of the year. It looks like I may have to bring full rain gear. What do you think?

Old May 25th, 2002, 02:16 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>global city weather history is here -<BR><BR>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/weather/historical/historical.htm<BR><BR>Montpellier may be more representative than Marseille.<BR><BR><BR>Normally May to September are very dry.<BR>Rainfall is in the form of heavy storms which last a couple of hours and pass over. They often happen at night, which can be spectacular.<BR><BR>Weather is strange here this year.<BR><BR>We've had hot and sunny days, but a few grey days too.<BR>It has just started raining outside !<BR><BR>I wouldn't bother carrying waterproofs because if you do get caught, it will be warm, and skin/light clothes dry easily.<BR><BR>The children here go out to play in the rain in the summer !<BR><BR>Read about Languedoc here (inc weather) ...<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com/<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Sue

I've begun to take what I read on weather sites for Europe with a grain of salt; each time Yahoo Weather paints a gloomy picture, and in several trips, it has always turned out better. Just last week I check weather the day I left for Paris; forecast was for many rainy days, highs in low 60ies. In fact, we had a few sprinkles a couple of days--hardly enough for an umbrella, and the temp was probably 8-10 degrees higher. I certainly would not take seriously the forecast for early June at this time.

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:54 AM
nanette

We were in France in May and experienced thunder storms in both the South of France as well as east of Paris and it was a most pleasant temperature! We Californians weren't even chilled!! Don't worry!

Old May 25th, 2002, 01:06 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I've just been given another global weather history site ..... this one includes Avignon !<BR><BR>http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=164541&refer=<BR><BR>Peter<BR>