Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thistle Hyde Park-formally The White

any information on the this hotel and the area would be appreciated
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM

Is that the one on Bayswater Road next to the Thistle Lancaster Gate?<BR><BR>If so, the hotel is old and may have a few small single rooms so expect that if that's what you are seeking.<BR><BR>Also note that the Central Line is out of service due to an accident at Chancery Lane. At first they said it would be out for a weekend but now that say mid-late February with only partial service until April. However, there are many buses to take.<BR><BR>The area is fine. Not as ritzy as Kensington. Bayswater is nearby. I think Bayswater is better than it used to be. It never was an extremely bad area, however.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

I think the thistle Hyde Park is alittle way from the other hotel...I understand it has been totally renovated thanks Lou
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:43 AM

Rothdan- I was recently doing some research on the various Thistle hotels for my trip at the end of this month. Tripadvisor.com had one review of the Thistle Hyde Park that I saw. Comments were generally good. The writer mentioned that if you stay there you should ask for a room with a balcony.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:51 AM

The Thistle Hyde Park is on Lancaster Gate. Your nearest Tube stations , Lancaster Gate and Queensway, are both on the Central Line. But Notting Hill station might be an option for traveling around town if the Central Line is still closed or has limited service.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 08:40 AM

I respectfully disagree with x_x_x. If you stay there, take the bus. I think it's the 12 or 94. There are maps at the bus stop. Take a bus towards Oxford Street. You can take another bus or the tube from there. Going west to Notting Hill tube station will probably waste your time whether you walk (it's somewhat far) or take the tube.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

As I understand the Thistle Hyde Park has 53 rooms whild the Thistle Lancaster Gate has close to 300 rooms..I&quot;m trying to get a feel about the area and the hotel thanks
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:58 PM

American Airlines travel dept. has been pushing that, haven't they? They do have a website - and once on it,you'll get their emails for months - and they're nice about answering emails. Good if you're interested in Hyde Park; I'm opting for Belgravia instead, with smaller B&amp;B.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

As I understand the Thistle Hyde Park has 53 rooms whild the Thistle Lancaster Gate has close to 300 rooms..I&quot;m trying to get a feel about the area and the hotel thanks