Search

London Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Hotels

For next year I'm looking at one of the "Hyde Park Hotels" group. They include the Westpoint, the Abbey Court, the Cardiff, the Sass, and the Aspen Suites. Prices look good, and they are all handy to Paddington Station & Hyde Park. Has anyone had experience of them? Are there better parts of London to be based in? Thanks
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 01:59 PM

I havent stayed in the hotels you mention but have recntly stayed in the Victoria Park Plaza which is very central and close to tube bus and mainline train stations and several theatres. Also the Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury is very good and just around the corner from Russell Square tube a couple of stops down from Covent Garden and on a direct line to Harrods if you are so inclined.
Wherever you stay I hope you have a great time, and even if my information isnt of any use to you at least it helps you to keep your thread 'topped'.
CM
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for that. I'm certainly not committed to the Hyde park chain, so I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:07 AM

For a facility with similar pricing, try the Park International Hotel. I have stayed there twice and been happy with them.

It is close to Gloucester Road Station with its three tube lines, has an 800 number good from the US and they respond promptly to emails.

The rooms I have had were small, but included AC, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, etc. The double I stayed in had a nice large tub. The single had a shower.

http://www.parkinternational.com/

Keith
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:42 AM

you might be interested in www.letlooseinlondon.com
the Radisson Edwardian group of hotels in london offer gtd USD rates. they have nice locations in mayfair, covent garden, leicester square, bloomsbury, oxford street and kensington. have stayed in most of them myself.