The New Passport

Search

The New Passport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The New Passport

I sent in my passport renewal mid-May and received my new passport abou 10 days later (expedited, of course!). The new passport is basically the same as the one I had 10 years ago in terms of size & style.

My husband, however, sent in his passport renewal at the beginning of June and just received his new passport. It's a completely different passport -- with colored pictures of the constitution and various sights (like Mt. Rushmore), a thicker and more sturdy feeling passport.

Why are ours different? Did they make a new change starting in June? This is really weird!
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does his have the new chip technology?
http://travel.state.gov/passport/eppt/eppt_2498.html
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:23 AM

All I want to say is <i><b>WOW!!!</b></i> You got your passports super fast!

Quite a stark contrast to the nightmares we've read here from fellow Fodorites. Even those who have paid for expedited service!
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
LHS

I received mine in late April (non expedited, applied 2/9), it appears as you describe your husband's passport, with colored pages, bar coding on back inside cover and states it contains &quot;sensitive electronics&quot;.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Travelnut, I clicked on the link, and yes, his is the new e passport with the chip technology. So why didn't I get one like that?!?

LHS -- I'll check the statement on sensitive, but I'm guessing that is has that.

mcnyc -- YEAH! My friend's son sent in for his passport back in March (non-expedited) and had to cancel his June graduation trip because his passport didn't arrive. The passport people kept telling him it's &quot;in transit&quot; -- unfortunately, he never got himself in transit due to the lack of passport. He finally got it last week. . . .