Notices

The Luberon, Provence for 1 week

May 8th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Original Poster

The Luberon, Provence for 1 week

Hi, we are a family of 4 with 2 daughters (5 & 9) planning our French holiday this October. Our first 4 weeks in Paris, Burgundy, Annecy, Côte d'Azur have been arranged. We are now looking at accommodation in the Luberon or St Remy.
We have one week to spend there and want to take it all in slowly. We don't want to spend too many hours driving & would love to find a rental with a pretty garden, walking distance to at least a shop, market or restaurant. We plan to visit Arles, St Remy, Avignon, Pont du Gard & the Luberon villages.
I'd love some recommendations on places to see, great market days (local not touristy), farmers markets, cooking classes, bistros & restaurants, and activities for children.

We are waiting for confirmation to book a villa near the village of Robion, but have seen mixed reviews of the area here on the forum. Although it does look like it would have good access to all the areas we'd like to visit. We have spent many hours searching for a comfortable and well located holiday rental / gite within our price range (around 1500 euros per week) with either a view or garden, but it has been more difficult than I thought. (Or it could be the fact that the websites I've found are frustrating to use at the end of a long day at work. )
I think we're being particularly fussy with this one since its the last week of the holiday, so we're looking for something special. We do not want a modern villa and would prefer not to share the public areas (garden etc) with other guests. Any recommendations most welcome.
Thank you in advance!
May 14th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Hi,
We haven't heard back from the owners of the Robion accommodation, so have started our search again. If anyone has any recommendations for a traditional holiday rental in the Luberon or St Remy area (or would recommend an alternative area with easy access to Luberon, Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, Arles) I would love to hear from you.

Thankyou!
May 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM

We stayed at Le Mas Perreal bed and breakfast near St Saturnin Les Apts 2 years ago, and I'd highly recommend it. It's a lovely traditional home in the countryside, and it made a nice base for exploring the Luberon. Our room was very private with a walk-out terrace overlooking the gardens.
May 14th, 2013, 10:01 AM

Try HomeAway.com ...they seem to have endless listings in and around the Luberon. Also, homelidays.com and VRBO if you have not used them already.
May 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Lyn & Cyber, I will take a look at your recommendations. The St Saturnin B&B sounds lovely!

Search this Thread