Yacht Week--- Croatia

Search

Yacht Week--- Croatia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yacht Week--- Croatia

Hello, is anyone familiar with the company Yacht Week? Considering trip to Croatia and unable to find many reviews online. Would appreciate feedback re: your trip with this company. Are skippers good/responsible? boats safe? etc. THANKS!
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Hi LoisLane777!

I went to Croatia (South Route) last summer and in all honesty, it was the best holiday I have ever had. I am a guy and our boat was half girls and half guys. Our skipper was a really friendly Swede who got stuck in with everything we did and even offered to give me some tips with my sailing. He knew the route really well and would point things out along the way to look at.

He did party with us, but would always be up first thing to get the boat ready etc. I can't really say a bad word about him and would recommend him to anyone.

What route are you thinking of going on?

Cheers!
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM

I went to yacht week last year, north route, and it was not a great experience. The skipper was inexperienced and often got lost. We arrived at each location very late in the afternoon which left very very little time to explore. The main activity for everyone around was just to party and drink. The scenery was nice but nothing special... and also you do not visit the main sites to see in Croatia. I am glad the previous poster had a great time, however it is pure luck whether you get a seasoned skipper or not. I definitely will not be using this company again.
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Hi LoisLane777

I have not sailed with them, however last year i enjoyed a trip with Island Hopping. The boats are bigger and once you get to land, you bike ride through the towns. Was one of the best trips i've ever had. Here is the link in case you are interested to see what the offer.

http://www.islandhopping.com/bike-to...egro-2011.html

Dilly
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 05:40 AM

Hi there,

I have not sailed with them, but a few of my mates and I chartered through a company called Sail Dalmatia. One of the best holidays ever. The company is located in London i think but the staff is from the area and they really know thier job. I hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:39 AM

My brother did TYW last year and said it was unbelievable. He highly recommends it to anyone. It's very well organised and great value for the experience of a lifetime. This is his review: www.rolllikeboss.com/2013/03/the-yacht-week.html