Reload this Page >

The Dukes Hotel?

Search

The Dukes Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 01:28 PM
Terri

The Dukes Hotel?

Will be in London in September for 1 night, then off to Ireland for a week, then back to London for 2 nights. I've researched so many hotels...keep coming back to The Dukes. Want good location, charm and character.....anyone stayed at The Dukes recently or have an opinion? Really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 01:57 PM
Kathy

Terri, You will not be disappointed with Dukes! This is one of my favorite hotels in London. Great location in the Mayfair/ St. James's district. Walking distance to many sights and the theatre district. The hotel is traditional English and very charming.They also have a wonderful afternoon tea. Have a great time!!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:06 PM
Barbara

We stayed at Dukes for 3 nights last Aug. As Kathy wrote, you will not be disappointed. Our room was lovely, very quiet, even though we were over the entrance. The staff was very helpful.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:53 PM
kate

What a lovely hotel and the staff is wonderful!<BR>We stayed there several years ago, and we were thrilled!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:04 AM
Wendy

Great hotel. We stayed there last year. The hotel is in a great area with many great sites within walking distance.