Thanos, what to wear ???

Mar 31st, 2006, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanos, what to wear ???

Hi Thanos we will be in Mykonos in a week. What is everyone wearing? Jeans , Khaki's , skirts, sweater, windbreaker ??? Here in Southern California it's cool out.I am trying to figure out what to pack for Mykonos and Santorini...Your help would be most appreciated..Newport
Apr 1st, 2006, 01:20 AM

good morning newport

for weather, this week has been better. It has some days been clowdy and increasing wind but today at lunchtime it is 17 degrees and sunny which I think is warmest so far these last 5 months. There is a little wind but it is only 2bf this morning.

We have not many visitors on island yet. Most people arriving are regular summer workers who are returning to work here from the mainland.

So, it is difficult to tell you what tourits is wearing but I ask my wife to help me although I can tell you some things to wear in April. Jeans are OK, of course. You will need sweater in evening as temperature will go down and if there is a little wind it will feel colder. Windbreaker of course, it may help keep you warmer in evenings but maybe not need daytime.

My wife tell me to say that 'heavy' t-shirts and 'heavy' casual tops would be better for you in April. I think she means not thin clothes. She also say that for men and women a light jacket, meaning if it is colder in daytime these will help. I have not seen one person wear shorts - yet!

I apologise if I have not helped but fashion and clothes is not my speciality but I think general rule is to bring usual clothes but warmer things also as it can still be cold here in evenings.

I wish you a happy trip.

thanos
Apr 1st, 2006, 05:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Thanos, it is exactly as I thought. I will start packing right away.
We are staying at Harmony. I am looking forward to a very relaxing time...let me know if you think of anything else. Just out of curiousity , what do you do fo ra living in Mykonos ?
Apr 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM

I tell you that you come to island at a good time. It is peaceful and not busy and time to relax and enjoy early spring flowers here.

I am an architect. I trained and worked in Athens until I come back to my island few years ago. I specialize now not in designing but in restoring the traditional shape Mykonian houses. My father did same job here and as eldest son in my family when he died I have many responsibilities so I return and follow his example.

thanos
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

That's very interesting Thanos, my husband is a land planner with a bachelor's degree in city planning and a master's in landscape architecture. He is working on a project currently in Istanbul. He works for a architecture firm here in California. Business is not the reason for our visit, I have always wanted to visit Greece. It would be fun to meet you if you are open to this. Let us know we leave tomorrow. Thank you for sharing with all of us...Warmly,Newport...
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:51 AM

newport, I hope I am not too late in wishing you a very happy vacation in Greece. I have been following your messages with great interest as I so love Mykonos.

Thanos hasn't made any postings for the last two days and I wonder if their baby is ill again. I know there was a problem last week.

I would have loved it if you had met him as he was so kind to us when we had some difficulty and he made arrangements in advance for us. We had the chance to meet him and his family which was delightful.

Enjoy Greece!

milley

Search this Thread