Thanksgiving in Milan?

Nov 9th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanksgiving in Milan?

My wife, daughter and I will be in Milan on Thanksgiving day before flying back home on Friday. I've tried to find any restaurants run by ex-pats that might serve something close to a traditional Thanksgiving meal but am coming up empty. Anyone have suggestions? We're staying right across from Centrale train station.
Nov 9th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Indeed forget locals and do try Expats, since no European knows what thanksgiving is and even less celebrates it.
Nov 9th, 2018, 09:40 AM

https://www.travelandleisure.com/art...iving-overseas

But honestly -- you really want to have a 'traditional' Thanksgiving dinner . . . in Milan???? You can have that every other year of your life at home. Enjoy Italy/Italian food.

(The link is a couple of years old . . . but IF the one listed in Milan had any success in 2015 they'd probably continue the tradition)
Nov 9th, 2018, 09:45 AM

The American Consulate in Milan has sponsored T'giving dinners in the past, I've read. But you have to book far in advance, and I don't think this is far in advance.

But as others have said, why? Go to Peck and get reasonable facsimile takeout.

There isn't going to be a thing in the vicinity of Milano Centrale. The café/buffet on the 2nd floor there is spectacular, though.
Nov 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM

Isn’t there a place called McDonalds which serves “American” food?
Nov 9th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

I'm continually amazed at how those who likely struggle to have friends in the real world, don't try harder to have virtual ones in the Internet world. And how those same people who obviously have no meaningful relationships in the real world are so blessed with free time to make asinine comments that make them feel better about the reality that exists when they click the 'logout' link or the 'shutdown' button.

Peck looks intriguing. Thanks for that. And for the article link as well.
Nov 9th, 2018, 06:24 PM

I have plenty of friends IRL. It is just that when I travel outside the USA, I actually leave the USA.
Nov 9th, 2018, 08:34 PM

Roast birds

I gotta get why you want this. Given an American-style dinner is unlikely, how about looking for a place that has good roast birds of some sort? When I was a kid, I typically got Cornish game hens for Thanksgiving.

Last edited by WillTravel; Nov 9th, 2018 at 08:37 PM.
Nov 10th, 2018, 12:45 AM

Sorry but posts like the OP are the satirical equivalence of having an RPG on the glorious Twelfth.
Nov 10th, 2018, 01:12 AM

Google thanksgiving milano and you'll probably find a few places. For example,
Thanksgiving Dinner - California Bakery Milano

Here you have some more: Thanksgiving a Milano - Club Milano (in Italian and from 2015, but some places could still be relevant)

You could also try the forums at thelocal.it

I think it's a great idea, it could be lots of fun meeting ex-pats and their local friends. Could be quite interesting if you want to fins out more about Italy. Europeans do the same. Have a Swedish friend that met her now husband (also Swedish) on a trip to the US - she went to a midsummer party she found on some forum arranged by Swedish ex-pats.

Search this Thread