Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Dinner in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Eleanor

I know that Thanksgiving is not a holiday in London, but we where just wondering if there is any place we can go a turkey dinner...

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:56 PM
xxx

Tony Romas? About as American as you can get.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:07 PM
ginny

YES!!!! My very first trip to London in 93 was at Thanksgiving time and we had a great dinner at one of the many 'carvery' type eateries with all the trimmings!!! The one we choose was in a hotel near the Tower of London! And though they do not celebrate it, we were wished a Happy Thanksgiving from many of the locals wherever we went!!!!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Eleanoro

Thank both of you for your quick answers, I have eaten at Tony Romas before and have enjoyed it. And thank you Ginny for your information, now we know where we can go of Turkey.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 02:48 AM
karen

The hotel carvery which Ginny mentioned was probably The Tower Thistle Hotel. I haven't been there for years but they had (and hopefully still do) a great carvery with a choice of about 4 different meats (e.g. turkey, beef, pork and lamb) plus all the trimmings for a typical English roast dinner. Yum!!!!!<BR><BR>I have heard that some of the American restaurants in the west end have had special Thanksgiving menus in the past. You might want to try the following:<BR>Maxwells<BR>PJ's Grill<BR>Smollenskys<BR>Joe Allen<BR><BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:06 AM
PJM

Was at Joe Allen's last week and they were advertising Thanksgiving Dinner