TGV from Charles DeGaulle

Apr 16th, 2002, 03:45 PM
steph

TGV from Charles DeGaulle

Can someone explain how one takes the TGV from Charles De Gaulle. Is there a train station at the airport? For example, if I wanted to take the TGV to Tours would this eliminate the need to go into Paris to catch the train?

Apr 17th, 2002, 11:47 AM
wondering

Does anyone know where the TGV to Avignon is relative to the American Airlines arrival terminal?

Thank you very much.

Apr 17th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Ronda

Sorry, can't answer the location question but I know the TGV runs to and from Tours and Charles De Gaulle but only at certain times.

Apr 17th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Annie

It's very simple. Just follow the signs to the TGV. It was a no brainer, and we had no problem finding it.

Apr 17th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Ben Haines

The through train from Charles de Gaul to Tours in fact runs to a nearby station, St Pierre des Corps, and from there you take a taxi, bus, or local train five minutes to central Tours.

The reference library of a city near you may have the Thomas Cook European Timetable. Table 11 shows that trains leave the airport at 0740, 0855, 1345 Friday and Sunday only, 1912, and 1928 not Saturday, and take 100 minutes to St Pierre des Corps.

Welcome to Europe

Ben Haines, London

Apr 18th, 2002, 10:23 AM
r

lookup fares and schedules at raileurope.com for exact schedules

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:04 AM
StCirq

It isn't at all a "no-brainer" to find the TGV station at CDG. If you fly into Terminal 2, where the station is located, yes, you just follow the signs to Hall F. But if you fly into Terminal 1, where most American carriers land, you won't see a sign, because the TGV station is miles away in another terminal.

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:06 AM
jim

I'm having a hard time finding rail schedules for TGV trains TO Chalres De Gaulle. All I can find are connections in Paris to the RER.

I'm hoping to get from Geneva to CDG and stay at an airport hotel the night before I depart, and would prefer a direct route.

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Grasshopper

Jim, here's the link I use: http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fa...ules/index.htm

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:18 AM
StCirq

Jim: The official French railway site is www.sncf.com

Rail Europe is fine for checking schedules, but I wouldn't purchase their outrageously priced tickets.

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:25 AM
elvira

There is a free airport shuttle bus that makes the circuit around all the terminals, including stopping at the train station (TGV and RER are in the same station). Here's a lovely site:
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich?ReadForm&cle=X5005205211624491B13FABFF094125687E006DBA25

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Grasshopper

Elvira, you are a veritible treasure trove of information! And so helpful.

Apr 18th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Andre

Wondering,

The TGV station at CDG is quite convenient to terminal 2A which is used by AA: about a 15 min. walk, no stairs with moving sidewalks part of the way. Just follow the signs.

Andre

Apr 18th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Anne

Delta also arrives into Terminal 2. There are signs and we found very helpful airport employees around to point the way.

Apr 20th, 2002, 11:59 AM
LIZ

I am coming in earlier that my daughter on American Airlines. Possibly a 45 minute time difference. We will be taking the TGV to Avignon and need a place to meet. Our train doesn't leave for at least 2 hours after our arrival. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we can meet at the airport? Please email me a response.

Liz

Liz

Apr 24th, 2003, 11:28 AM

Liz-I posted the same question today,and got several helpful answers. See this question: Paris CDG airport meeting place
3 responses; most recent on 04/24/2003, 10:15 am
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:25 PM

The TGV station is located at the corner Of Air France and Continental.You must go downstairs to take it....When my son met me at Nimes 2 years ago, he flew with Air France, and he told me that was very convenient to have the train so close by..
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:23 PM

Liz: If both you and your daughter are arriving on American Airlines, whoever arrives first should simply proceed through immigration and customs at CDG. Once past the customs agents, straight ahead you will see translucent sliding glass doors (the glass on these doors permits only diffused light through the doors and does not permit one to see objects on the other side of the glass clearly) through which you must pass. Once you pass through these doors, you are in the terminal itself, with the exit doors from the terminal onto the sidewalk directly in front of you and no more than 20 to 30 yards away. Generally, however, once you have passed through these doors (and before you make it to the doors from the terminal to the sidewalk) a mob of people will be present who are there to greet arriving friends and relatives and who are making their way to the various airline check-in counters in the area. At any rate, once you make it past the mob, simply find a nearby bench within viewing distance of the translucent glass doors through which the later-arriving American Airlines passenger will also pass after he or she clears immigration and customs. It isn't particularly difficult or confusing as my wife and I rendezvoused with our 16 year old son who flew over alone (also on American Airlines) a few days after us on our last trip to France. Bon voyage.