Tell me everything!

Oct 4th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Sunni

Tell me everything!

We're going to Europe for the whole winter (dec-may) and we arrive and depart from Norway. Our schedule is completely open, although we are looking to ski, climb, and eat great food. Should we rent a car? Should we go to Turkey? Should we camp or stay in hotels? It's my 10th or so time to europe, but never for such a long time. I'm pretty good with languages, and very adaptive. I'll take any hints you have.

Oct 4th, 2001, 01:31 PM
travellyn

Sunni: You have enough time to do everything you listed and a lot more.

Oct 4th, 2001, 02:34 PM
julia

Keep going north and hibernate till the winter or this century is over.

Oct 4th, 2001, 03:22 PM
sunni

don't be bitter julia, i'm sure you have something more intelligent to say than that.

Oct 4th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Ali

Dear Sunni;

I will higly recommend you to come to Turkey. There are several ski-sea resorts. You can find great food maybe more than great. Well,I don't recommend that to rent a-car in Turkey. To drive is a little bit hard in Turkey. You should stay in Hotels in Turkey. Because They are cheap. Or you can rent a flat in Istanbul for a month. I guess you will like Turkey. you can visit Greece from Turkey easily. Then maybe ITaly. Or You can make a route very well. IF you need and help,just send a message to my e-mail address.
Warm Regards,
Ali

Oct 5th, 2001, 12:21 PM
sunni

Thanks Ali - I think I talked my husband into it. Could we take a ferry from italy and where should we go in italy if we are there on the way? And what about Crete?

Oct 6th, 2001, 10:55 AM
sunni

And what about backcountry (not in a ski area) skiing? Has anyone done the haute route?

Oct 6th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Gaia

Why are you going to Europe in winter? Why don't you go to the southern hemisphere? Argentina????

Oct 7th, 2001, 08:25 PM
sunni

We're going in winter because I work as a biologist in summer, because I love being in Europe for christmas with my norwegian family, and because we want to ski! I'm wondering if we should just go and plan as little as possible, or if I should make a schedule. I'm a chronic wonderer...