Taxis @ Positano ferry dock?

Apr 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Taxis @ Positano ferry dock?

Ok, I've searched the boards to no avail - are there readily available taxis when you get off the ferry in Positano? We will be coming from Capri with all our luggage, and headed to Le Sireneuse, which is a bit outside Positano proper if I am not mistaken, so I'd like to make sure we will be able to easily grab a cab.

Thanks!
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:30 AM

You can easily get transportation from the ferry landing in Positano. Le Sireneuse is also close enough to walk if you don't have much luggage, but it's all uphill.
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM

The pier in Positano is down on the water, better have a skycap from the hotel meet you, make arrangements with the hotel.
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Last time we landed in Positano from Capri - there were no taxis because there were no roads from the dock.

Perhaps there are people who could haul your luggage for you, or some other kind of "cart" to carry your bags. We walked & carried our own bags, so we weren't looking for someone to help us.

Stu Dudley
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:53 AM

With the caveat that it has been a couple of years, I don't recall taxis at the dock, or any vehicles other than the baggage porters' carts. The taxis were at Piazza dei Mulini. I'd check with the hotel.
Apr 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM

What SeaUrchin and StuDudley said, not what Midnightsun said. There are no roads anywhere near the pier in Positano. If you have more than a couple of pieces of luggage, definitely get a porter to lug it for you - lots of steps in Positano, including up to Le Sireneuse.

Sam
Apr 7th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Perfect, thank you all as always!
Apr 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM

Sorry, knoxville couple is correct...the road isn't near the pier and by the time you've walked to the road, you're a good way toward the hotel itself. But I do recall porters who'll pull your bags on a cart...it was those folks not taxis I was referring to as transportation. Obviously unclear.
Apr 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM

FYI: Le Sirenuse is in Positano "proper." IIRC, it's on the main road, not far from the bus stop.

But what everybody else has said is correct: there is no cab from the dock, because there is no road there. It will be steps, lots of them, up to the road leading to the hotel.

There are lots of porters there waiting for the people to get off the ferries, so you will have no trouble finding help with the luggage, although I'm sure the hotel will arrange for someone to meet you, if you prefer.
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM

If you want to see the dock, here it is jutting out a bit into the sea:

http://www.campaniameteo.it/webcampositanostreaming.asp

Search this Thread