taxis in Paris

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taxis in Paris

I've done my search and I know that people recommend taking a taxi over a shuttle out of CDG into Paris. How long is the queue/wait though normally? We entered Paris via Eurostar last year and I remember waiting for 45mins or so in a very long queue.

Another taxi question: how easy is it to get a taxi to take us to Disneyland? We are staying there for 2 nights at the tail end of our trip and with the kids and the luggage, we definitely are not taking the train. It's a choice between a shuttle or a taxi.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Don't know about Disneyland. I've usually had longer waits for a taxi at a Parisian train station than the airport -- although I've never waited 45 min even at a train station. At the airport, the longest I've waited is maybe 5 minutes at most.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina.

Are you allowed to bring the luggage trolleys outside to the taxi stand? I'm trying to see how we'll manage with two kids, a couple of luggages and a few carry ons (kids extra clothes, toys and food for the long trip) and a stroller...
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 04:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The luggage trolleys are authorized all through the parking lots, so they are definitely authorized directly in front of the terminal at the taxi stand. In fact, that is where departing passengers get a baggage trolley to begin with to go to check-in.

I have never waited for a taxi at CDG for more than 3 minutes, but I may have been lucky.

You will not want to pay the amount a taxi would charge you from Disneyland. Better to take the Disneyland-CDG shuttle bus.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 05:01 AM

Disneyland shuttle here: http://www.vea.fr/uk/index.asp
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

I've done my research on the VEA shuttle. The timing doesn't work for us on the trip back - Disney to CDG. It's either too early at 3:15PM or at 6:10PM which might be cutting it too close. We will be staying for a week in a Paris hotel before moving to Disney so I don't think it's convenient to take a cab to CDG to ride the shuttle to Disney.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 06:08 AM

Well, somehow I just think that you would dearly regret taking a taxi from Paris to Disneyland for at least 75 euros and an hour on the road, if you are lucky enough not to hit a traffic jam on the Autoroute de l'Est, which has horrendous traffic jams daily.

If you were to set foot on the RER A and ride it for a half hour, not only would you find free hotel shuttles and/or various taxis upon arrival in Chessy, but you would be 50 euros richer.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 07:34 AM

zizz,

If you're staying at a hotel that has infrequent direct bus service to CDG, take a free shuttle from your hotel to the Disneyland coach station. There is very frequent service from there.