taxi from the airport

Search

taxi from the airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taxi from the airport

Please advise, all you seasoned travelers. Our hotel Del Senato has a minivan service from the airport to the hotel for 80 Euros. There are four of us traveling. That price seems steep or am I just dreaming? Wouldn't a taxi be less expensive? Thanks
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:29 PM

80 E for 4 people is fine...we just returned last week and paid 64 E for two people to the airport with two bags. I don't think 4 people and 4 bags will fit in one taxi. It's also a great treat to see your name on a piece of cardboard when you arrive exhausted.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 04:11 AM

As you may guess, "airport" means nothing. At least you should tell us which airport (Italy has some 20 international airports that I can think of, and I bet some more I am forgetting) and a lot of hotels in lots of different cities, towns and villages.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 05:34 AM

Alice I believe the Del Senato hotel Kathleen mentions is in Rome, no?
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:29 AM

And are you able to say that there is no other hotel Senato in other cities/towns of Italy? In milano there might be one, since in Milano there is a Via Senato and a Senato palace. Basically, most of the regional nations in which Italy was divided until 1871 had its own "Senato", so there are Senato all over Italy.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:57 AM

Hi Kathleen,<BR>You might want to contact Andrea at www.limoservicerome.com to see if they could possibly give you a better rate. I have used them, and they are very reliable and affordable. Andrea will probably ask you how much luggage your party will have, and I'm sure you can give him an estimate. For a group your size, they might use one of their vans, but I'm sure Andrea can quote you a rate. It might be worth looking into.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I did forget to include that the airport referred to is Fiumicino. Thank you for the suggestions and I even got a reprimand and a history lesson to boot!
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 03:29 AM

KathleenL: at best that was a geography lesson, bear in mind that Italy, although smaller than the Us, is still a pretty big place. What if I asked on a US tourims forum &quot;Hotel International has a minivan service from the airport to the hotel for 80 dollars&quot;: what would you understand from this message if I did not specify which town/city or which airport?<BR>In any case, from Fiumicini a taxi might be slightly cheaper, for an even cheaper option, train from Fiumicino to Termini and taxi from Termini.