tarifa or vejer de la frontera

Oct 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

tarifa or vejer de la frontera

hello again - trying to decide which place to stay for a visit to this area. planning on three nights, two days to explore costa de la luz before driving to seville. do not want a resort type accomodation, rather a small hostal or B&B. any thoughts? thank you.
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM

I've been to both and Vejer de la Frontera would be my pick--it's absolutely incredible. Tarifa is more of a town, and is fun, but I wasn't charmed like I was in Vejer de la Frontera. Not sure about places to stay--we just went for a day trip. Anyone?
Oct 31st, 2005, 08:08 AM

Hi
Before I even utter a word I have to say I am biased on this one...I feel in love with this area of the world 4 years ago and ended up buying a summer home on the beach. From my terrace you can see over the boarder into Portugal. The main town is called Ayamonte and the resort on the beach Isla Canela.

Its a great base for discovering both countries. It depends what your looking for really but if you dont like over developed areas its fab..but I am biased.

I started a small website just to advertise my apartment and now from my back bedroom it has sort of grown.Take a look and it will give you an idea. My apartment is the "feature of the month" not a shock really as I run the site!

I also have independant reviews on a site called www.holidaywatchdog.com I ask my guests to write an online review which is a bit of a gamble but so far I have had good feedback.

Adios and any questions about anything not just my apartment I would be happy to help

SARAH
WWW.ISLACANELAHOLIDAYS.COM