Reload this Page >

TAORMINA IN 1 DAY????

Search

TAORMINA IN 1 DAY????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Laura

TAORMINA IN 1 DAY????

Can Taormina be seen in one day??? Will that be too short. People say I could see it in 1 day, but I am thinking of staying a couple of nights?? Also, what is better to stay in the town up top or to stay at the beach down below? Is it better to up at night or go down to the beach during the day????

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:13 PM
???

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Barry

Taormina is a very small place... but very beautiful and definitely worth the trip!<BR><BR>We were staying in a villa in Catania and drove over for the day...got there about 10:00 a.m. and left about 4:00 p.m. and didn't feel like we missed anything... covered every foot at least once gt

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:54 PM
GAC

You can "see" Taormina in a couple of hours. People stay there longer for r/r. I personally would much prefer to stay in town, rather than along the seashore, but this is purely a personal matter.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Laura

Thank you, where in "town" do you think is the best location to stay at with a beautiful hotel??? Best to walk to places, like main road?

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Kay

Laura, I just got back, stayed in the town on top. At night, lots of locals and tourists walk the main street and enjoy the shops and cafes. I spent 4 nights there and have already decided I will go back. I would definitely recommend spending at least 2 nights depending on what you are interested in. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Timeo and loved it! It is right next to the Greek Theatre. It is pricy, but they have a sister hotel with a beautiful beach and you can spend the day there if you feel like it. It is a very short walk and cable car ride down to the sister hotel in Mazzaro. You need to decide what you want to see. Do you want to go to Mt. Etna, Castelmola, Naxos, or other ruins? I always decide what I really want to see and plan that out before I decide on the number of days. I hope this helps a little. Enjoy your trip. Kay

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:36 AM
GAC

A less expensive option is the Hotel Villa Belvedere, a superior three-star with good views of the coastline.