Reload this Page >

Bargain Hunters needed!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Lucy

Hi,<BR><BR>Every city in the USA has an outlet mall, would Milan (shopping capital of Italy) have an outlet mall? Or small discount shops? <BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Daniel

Foxtown Mendrisio may be what you are looking for. It is on the border between Switzerland and Italy, near Chiasso and Como. I have never been there myself. <BR>www.foxtown.ch

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Betsy

Lucy, I just topped a thread for you (5:38 pm) about discount shopping in Milano. If you go to the search box and type in "Foxtown" without highlighting a country in the righthand box, you'll get eight threads about discount shopping in the region.<BR><BR>Enjoy!

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Lucy

Thanks, Betsey. Now how would I get to Fox town from Milan?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:42 AM
Alice Twain

Milan has several factory outlets and stockhouses, although most of them are placed outside the city or, in any case, outside the center. Most of the outlets in Milano can be reached by subway or bus (ask for the map at the ATM Point in the Centrale subway station). For the places outside of MIlano a car is recommended except (afaik) for the Fratelli Rossetti shoes outlet which can be reached by train and is placed near a train station.<BR>At the site http://www.milanoin.it/shopping/spec.../spacci.aspyou will find an incomplete but exaustive list of such places. The list is in italian but you will have no trouble understanding the addresses. "Abbigliamento" means clothing, "Abbigliamento bambino" means children's clothing, "Intimo" means underwear, "Arredamento" means furniture.