switzerland

Old Nov 28th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

switzerland

Hi,

We are planning to go on 4 days trip to swiss...need help in getting to know whether we can cover both schilthorn and jangfrauhoch on the same day?? is it entirely in different direction...how long would it take to reach each of them from interlanken...thanks a lot..
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 06:23 AM

Hi madhukri,

Here is the site of the Swiss rail:

www.rail.ch (Engl)

You can find the schedules for your journeys at that site.

Enter
Departure: Interlaken Ost
Destination: Jungfraujoch

then
Departure: Jungfraujoch
Destination: Schilthorn

You'll get all the info you need.

Basically it takes about two hours to get from Interlaken to the Jungfraujoch.

s
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 04:27 AM
JN

I'm sure that there are people who have done both in a single day--but why??? Travel-mania might be appealing to some, but having tried to fit in a million things, I've found that approach to be utterly lacking. You get home and you can't even remember what you saw.

So, I'd suggest focusing on truly enjoying one of the trips. Spend the time enjoying the experience rather than trying to see how many "must sees" you can check off your list.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 05:22 AM
ira

HI M,

You have answers on your other thread.

If you can't find it, click on your name.

Old Nov 30th, 2007, 09:06 AM

Mad,

OK here's what you do, get up at 4 AM grab a quick breakfast and get to the train station. Take the first train up the mountain to Jungfraujoch. The mountain will probably be fogged in at that time of day, don't worry. When you reach the top immediately get back on the train and go back down the mountain. Do not hesitate the train are on a tight schedule. As soon as you reach the bottom get back on the next train to the Schilthron. When you arrive there, get off the train and look around as long as possible before the last train leaves for the bottom or it gets dark, whichever comes first.

Congratulations you have just missed the most beautiful scenery in the world.

Greg
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 09:35 AM

If there's one thing I've learned is that one has to remain flexible.....
I planned to see the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn as well as a part of our three week tour (allowing two days of our trip).When we got there, it was very foggy and rainy.I did get to the Schilthorn with only a 30 second break in the clouds to get a partial glimpse of the amazing view.The drizzling rain put the kibosh on the hiking...

.The next day it was raining and we went to the city ( it was not worth the ticket to the top with no chance of views) so we missed the Jungfraujoch.....

So no, you probably won't do it but if it's good weather. You can try. I would personally skip the Stilthorn as the other side would make a longer day. Otherwise do the waterfalls inside the mountains or go shopping in the city(Bern) as foggy weather is typical mountain weather. Maybe you will be lucky and at least see one.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 10:32 AM

As you've figured out by now, it's not advisable to attempt both these in a single day.

As for your trip in general, here's some advice: Don't even attempt to see and do everything. It can't be done in four days and will just cause you lots of stress and problems. You'll have much better memories if you set a reasonable schedule and take note of the little things along the way, as opposed to dashing as quickly as you can to get from one big-name sight to another.