Notices

Swiss Pass

Sep 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Swiss Pass

Hi,

Just wondering if the trip from Zurich airport - Luzern would count as a day of travel on a swiss flexi pass or is it a 50% discount route?
When you click on fare/buy for this route on the sbb.ch website it only comes with the option of ticking the "Reduced (half fare etc)" box, so I assume as it is from an airport it count be counted as a swiss pass day (although on the map it shows it is??)
If we decided instead of getting a flexi pass to just get the swiss 4 day pass, can we use it for free travel on buses and half fare travel a day before the 4 days?
We will be in Switzerland for 5 days, and we want to take advantage of the 4 day, 2 for 1 swiss pass/flexi pass deal. We require it for the 2nd, 4th and 5th days definitely. Our first day will consist of travel from Zurich airport to Luzern, then bus to Krienz. The 3rd day not sure of travel - depends if we have a free day of travel to use or not I guess! The flexi pass is 40chf extra for both of us, so if travel on the first day is more than 40chf without it (20chf each) then it will be worthwhile getting the flexi pass otherwise get the swiss pass for days 2-5.

Anyone who can help?!
Sep 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

.. I think I may be answering my own question, but is the reason why I cannot book tickets from Zurich airport - Luzern because you cannot reserve trains etc online using a swiss pass???

Does a day where we only use a 50% reduction (ie to go up Mt Rigi) count as a day of travel (assuming we get a flexi pass and it is a day in the middle)?
Sep 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM

How are you going to GET to Mt. Rigi???
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:27 PM

For this type of question, look at the pass validity map:
http://www.swiss-pass.ch/sites/defau...system-map.pdf
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Hi Dukey, we will be staying in Vitznau so via the Vitznau-Rigi railway.

Thanks Greg, I have seen this map but got a bit confused when I couldn't book the free tickets on sbb.ch (but I think I answered that question)!

I have also since done some searching and it seems with a flexi pass you can use the days in between as 50% off travel days so I think that is the best option.
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM

It would seem to me that if you are using the pass to travel on that railway then that would be a travel day unless you are planning to pay 1/2 fare.

As in recall for a regular SwissPass if you use it for anything then that is a travel day since it is only valid for four days meaning it isn't valid for more than those four days.

Search this Thread