Swiss Air 70 Minute Layover In Zürich. Terminal 1 to Terminal 2

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m going to fly from Geneva to Prague with a midday layover of 1 hour and 10 minutes in Zürich. I’m flying Swiss Air. My question is… Is 1 hour and 10 minutes enough time to transfer from terminal 1 to terminal 2? I’ve been to that airport before and it’s very efficient. I’ll be checking my luggage straight through from Geneva to Prague. The connecting flight is with Air Baltic. Thank you for all your help

Last edited by seeksocean; May 23rd, 2024 at 09:06 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:43 AM

Two separate tickets? Please clarify

So, you will be collecting your luggage from Swiss Air and rechecking it with Baltic Air? Do you mean you booked these flights separately?
Edited:
Thanks for the clarification. 😇

Last edited by Ez73; May 23rd, 2024 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for that insight! I edited my original post. I’ll be checking my bag in at Geneva and picking it up in Prague. So, it’ll be a straight shot from one plane to the next.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:06 AM

The ticket is on Swiss Air, they are code share partners.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Hi Christina! I just always get a little nervous with such fast layovers. And they are in two different terminals. I assume that Swiss Air wouldn’t offer that connecting flight if they didn’t think I could make the connection. I’m a senior and I just get a little nervous. I guess need a little reassurance that there is plenty of time to make the connection.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:17 AM

So, it sounds as if it is on the same ticket, then?

If so, you are "protected" to be booked on the next available flight should your originating flight be delayed to where you cannot make it to your connecting flight. Airlines are generally supposed to not book you on a connection that you will not be able to make. With that having been said, I personally would want a longer connection but mostly for peace of mind. Is there perhaps a later flight you can see available as a precaution?

I have only flown into Zurich once on a connecting flight from Sarajevo that was severely delayed (II had 20 minutes to make my flight) but don't recall having to cross terminals, though. I made it, but it was a mere 5 minutes before the doors closed. This was in September 2022 when the airlines/airports were having a post-pandemic meltdown, Zurich amongst them.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:19 AM

I was typing as Christina posted. Sorry to be repetitive.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:20 AM
P_M

As long as your first flight isn't delayed I think this is doable. My favorite thing about that airport was the selection of Swiss chocolates, so my biggest concern would be not to have time for chocolate shopping. As you can see, my priorities are in order. 😋

Have a great trip.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by P_M
As long as your first flight isn't delayed I think this is doable. My favorite thing about that airport was the selection of Swiss chocolates, so my biggest concern would be not to have time for chocolate shopping. As you can see, my priorities are in order. 😋

Have a great trip.
With that, I'm kinda glad I didnt have time to shop! I'd probably be still trying to work off the pounds!
Old May 23rd, 2024, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! It’s definitely a code share. And the flight is during a time of year that there shouldn’t be any weather problems. And chocolate… Don’t get me started. I’ll be in Geneva and plan to eat as much chocolate as I can. I guess I’m still curious about these two terminals. How long it would take to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2?
Old May 23rd, 2024, 10:28 AM

Airports often have interactive maps on their website where you could put your flight details that you may be able to estimate your time of transit. I know Frankfurt and Paris CDG have something like that.Maybe it is something you can check out?

It of course is dependent on factors such as arrivals and what not. No one here can advise of that.

But the flight numbers are usually the same route, time. You may get a general idea of the Gate numbers for your arrival flight and your departure flight to plug in.

Edit: I played around on their website and took general flights from Geneva arrivals and departures to Prague with their gate into for today's flights. From there, you can go to the "directions" area of the site , plug in the gate info, and it tells you the general time of transfer. Of course, if there is a back up at security, it does not plug that in. This is all you really can do...

Last edited by Travel_Nerd; May 23rd, 2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Since I will be originating in Geneva I’m hoping I don’t have to go through passport control. Only security…? Thank you for all the great info. I’ll keep working on this.