Reload this Page >

Sweden trip in august -- please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Olga

Hi<BR><BR>My boyfriend and I are planning a one-two week trip to Sweden in the beginning of August. We definately want to spend some time in Stockholm and Uppsala and we are going to Link&ouml;ping for a couple of days. If anyone could suggest places for us to go not too far away and things to do, it would be great!<BR>thanx in advance<BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Daniel

Vadstena at Lake V&auml;ttern. Santa Birgitta was born and lived there before she moved to Rome. Great castle, Vadstena Slott. Many old buildings.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Jae

Not to sound like an advertisement but maybe you should pick up the Fodor's guide on Sweden. It's got a lot of helpful information on planning, booking and cheap hotels. I'll be leaving for sweden in about 2 weeks... maybe i'll post a reply later and tell you how helpful it realy is =)

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Viking

Try with www.smorgasbord.se

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Joe

Olga: Think about a fast ferry to the Gotland Island and the walled village of Visby. Takes about two and a half hours. This beautiful medieval village, town small city, whatever, has it all; cobbled lanes, many historic buildings, smart shops, wonderful restaurants and cafes, a really fun harbor scene. The sea views from the village are fantastic. Biking the Island is also fun. This was one of the highlights of our Scandinavian trip last year.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:23 AM
olga

thank you for your replies..i have been looking at guides, websites, but i also wanted to get some suggestions from people who visited sweden, so again thanx for giving me some ideas ^-^

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:18 AM
David

Just spent last Wednesday & Thursday in Orebro, about a 2 hour train ride outside of Stockholm. Beautiful town with a spectacular castle. The old village, Wadkoping, was interesting too.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:30 AM
elina

I´ll second Joe. Gotland.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Edmond O`Flaherty

The Vasa Museum in Stockholm is well worth a visit.The warship sank on its maiden vogage in 1628 and spent nearly 400 years under the sea.Press "vasa" in google.com for details.