suggestions to London for BA flight home using miles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ran into a snag on the flight Milan to London/US....There are no seats using miles for the Milan to London leg. We will be leaving Lake Como area, how long train ride from Lake Como to Geneva or Zurich, would this be a consideration.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:27 AM

There are no direct trains, and changing will take 4-6 hours (though you might look on bahn.de for direct trains to Basle, then get a cab out to Basle-Mulhouse airport)

But wouldn't it be easier to look on the Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo websites for cheapo flights to a London-area airport?
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:29 AM

Assuming that the London to US segment is available, why don't you find a cheap flight to London from Milan. I did a search, not knowing your dates for September 3 from Milan to London on easyjet and found a flight for 16 Euros, 26.99 with taxes and fees. www.easyjet.com
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Assuming you're trying to get to Heathrow for the flight home (and not Gatwick) I'd just buy a ticket from Milan on BA rather than fish for award seats. The one way fare all in is around US$80 most days. Note that Milan has two airports, both with BA service to LHR - Malpensa (closest to the Lakes) and Linate.

Alitalia can also fly you to LHR for under $90 US.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
ira

Hi J,

Have you checked www.whichbudget.com for cheap flights?

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

got my tickets locked in from US to London....cost me so many miles had to upgrade...but at least I have a seat. Traveling is going to be really overbooked this season. I have not gotten the flights from Milan to London yet but I am going to have a bit more flexibility with some added days in London. Thank you so much to all of you for your help.....Now I have got to get the train figured out from Bern to Wengen, and Wengen to Lake Como, perhaps soon I will get some feedback on that.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM

jelane,

From which London airport will you depart from? BA and Alitalia fly Milan-Heathrow, whereas many discount airliners fly into Stansted or Luton, which makes transfer a nightmare (unless you stay overnight in London).

If you're flying out from Gatwick, I believe easyjet flies into Gatwick from Milan.