Reload this Page >

Suggestions please on side trip from Malaga

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 01:47 PM
duke

I will be in the Malaga area for 5 weeks in mar/apr. I would like to plan a 3 to 5 day side trip . We have done Seville, Granada, Gib, Morroco,madrid in the past . Any suggestions?

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Terry

Try Ronda, Nerja, and other white villages. Lots of info on this site re. this question.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:49 PM
duke

Thanks for the ideas Terry. I would appreciate more ideas form others.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:57 PM
duke

Moving up to the top of list!

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 03:00 AM
a stockholder

Suggestion: Fodor's Spain Guidebook.<BR><BR>Driving? Train? fly? Like mountains? nature? historical sites? beaches? cities? small towns? group? solo? where in Morocco? mind sharing some info?

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 03:10 AM
ddd

Nerja is definitely worth a visit, though I wouldn't bother with any other of the coastal towns between Malaga and there as on the whole they are pretty dull. Nerja is a pretty village which although touristy, has managed to retain much of its charm (unlike many other towns on the Costa del Sol, unfortunately).

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 06:05 AM
duke

Thank for your reply stockbroker. More info. Trvelling with my wife and we are recntly retired, Likes include Historical sites,beaches ,scenerery,prefer small towns .Only experience in Morocco in Tangiers area. Open to fly,train or car d epending on distance. Have already thought of Malta and we have done Portugal. More ideas very welcome.

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
olga

<BR>Duke, you mention you already have done Portugal, but in case you haven´t seen this area, I recomend the Algarve. It´s still low season that time of the year but nice enough weather to enjoy the beautiful beaches -although maybe a bit cold for swimming-.<BR>If you´ve already been, why not try the Cadiz and Huelva provinces? Great beaches, pretty deserted at that time except Easter week and exceptionally warm weekends. Also nice historic sites, beautiful little white towns and mountain scenery in both.