Last night stay in Rome before mid-morning fligh

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. Will be traveling to Italy for Easter and the week after in 2011. Will be staying in Rome over Easter weekend through Easter Monday then going to Florence, as our home base, for the rest of the trip. We will be back in Rome mid-day the day prior to leaving.

We are looking for a great, moderate priced hotel/B&B for our last night - we don't have to be to the airport until mid morning. We will be staying at Boutique Hotel Trevi, next to the Trevi Fountain, in Rome over Easter weekend.

Thank you in advance for your responses!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM

I'd recommend the Hotel Aberdeen, at 48 Via Firenze. The hotel is a family-run establishment and they are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is near the Piazza della Republica and convenient to bus and metro stops. In addition, it is only a short bus trip from the hotel to the Termini station. We have stayed there and enjoyed it. Here's the link: http://www.hotelaberdeen.it/ Email Mariano - he's great! Enjoy Rome!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM

There are many, many moderately priced hotels in Central Rome. I think a different neighborhood than your first one is a great idea. Residenza Canali is in an area that is different from your original but still walkable to everything for your last day. There are many others. Are there any neighborhoods you want to see that you won't get to in the first part of your trip? I think your last day is best spent just walking and relaxing. You want to be in a pleasant area.
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 08:14 PM

Never in a million years would I stay at a hotel next to the Trevi Fountain.

Thin
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Consider staying in Trastevere -- a very easy route out of Rome if you are going by car or Taxi. WRH Trastevere is a terrific spot (TA has reviews, including mine).

I'm in the same boat for my trip later this year; WRH was full so I am staying at a place called At Your Place -- near Castel St. Angelo /Vatican (I've always stayed by the Pantheon before at Albergo del Senato--looking to try another neighborhood this round).

At Your Place is b&b style/apartment in nice area and #2 rated on Trip Advisor for b&bs--this will be my first time there, however, so check it out yourself as well.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM

I DISLIKE the area around the Castel Sant'Angelo and the Vatican. It is not very interesting.

Thin
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM

No but it is near Trastevere which IS interesting IMO. Not good for public trans however.
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM

Definitely the Hotel Aberdeen-you will wish you had stayed there the first part of your trip. Great location,price,service,room and breakfast,etc. Frommers, Rick Steves and Tripadvisor will make your realize why its a wonderful 3 star hotel with many amenities for a lesser price than you will pay elsewhere. I have been staying there for many years and cannot say enough good things about the place.
I fly to Rome quite a bit every month for the airlines and I only wish that our airline would change our layover to this hotel!
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM

I'd heard it isn't pleasant to stay near Termini but I have to say the Hotel Aberdeen looks terrific and a real bargain!
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 09:57 PM

Thin are you on the vodka tonight? Can you explain why you don't like these areas and make some recommendations for this poor poster?