Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for hotels with pools in Sienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:43 PM

Will be in Sienna for 4 days in early September - has anyone stayed at a hotel with a pool they could recommend? Looking for a place to relax in between the busy cities. Thanks!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:01 PM
toni

<BR>We are planning a visit to Sienna and intend to stay just outside the town at Villa Scacciapensieri. It has a pool and is also on the bus route into Sienna. It has received many good reports on this site. If you choose to stay there, please post a trip report later, I would love to hear about it.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Alice

Just returned from Villa Scacciapensieri and it’s lovely. The pool is gorgeous, and the location is perfect... a 10 minute bus ride into the center of Siena.<BR><BR>- Alice

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Sherri Kardell

Dear Alice; <BR>do you happen to have a web adreess for the Villa Scacciapensieri;<BR>do you think it would be a good place to spend part of a honeymmon ? I am planning for next year so I have plenty of time.I would love a romantic place to stay that I could do trips from.<BR>I would appreicate ant info. you might have.<BR>Thank you ever so much..Sherri

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Look Here

I just did a search and came up with this web address for Villa Scacciapensieri<BR><BR>http://www.knowital.com/Towns/sienandsan/html/scacciapensieri.html<BR><BR>(Looks wonderful!)

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Stephanie Lewis

The Garden Hotel is about a ten minute walk to Sienna and has a nice pool and beautiful view of the walled city from the terrace.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 06:00 PM
jan

We stayed at Villa Scacciapensieri last year. Couldn't have been happier. The end of the driveway is the bus stop. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel dining room and it was lovely. The rooms had great charm and they were spotless. I would stay there again. We went on an all day tour with Giovianni and had a really marvelous experienc.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Sue

We spent 4 days last year at a wonderful restored villa 4 km outside of Sienna called Villa Veronica with a great pool, extremely clean and friendly villa owners. (They even picked us up at the train station )The villa has hotel rooms that overlook Chianti vineyards and breakfast is included.You can catch a bus or cab into the 10 minute ride into Sienna.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Cristina

The name of the town is Siena, one N only. Sienna with 2 Ns is the color.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Alice

SHERRI-<BR><BR>We were on our Honeymoon, so, yes. I’d definintely recommend it. The only interesting/amusing thing was that the staff was very concerned about making up our room, even on the days we chose to “sleep in.” They kept calling us to see when they could come in and clean. As soon as we would leave, even if it was 4pm, they would go in and clean. We thought it was funny. Hey, at least it was clean!<BR><BR>- Alice