Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for a Blue Cruise from Fethiye?

Jun 4th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Eileen

We are going to Turkey next week (!), and we've had a hard time advance-booking a 3-day Blue Cruise departing from Fethiye. It seems like most 3-day cruises leave either on a Wednesday or Saturday, and we wanted to leave on a Thursday. Does anyone know if a)a Thursday departure is possible, and b) if we can go down to the docks and book our cruise the day before we'd like to depart? I've read conflicting reports of the benefits of booking a cruise in advance vs. winging it, and we are confused! We really would like to go on a 3-day cruise, and any advice would be much appreciated...

Jun 8th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Mary

Hi Eileen, This message may reach you too late. We leave Sunday for Turkey and are going on a 3 day gulet cruise starting in Antalya. It also leaves on Sundays. Whule researching gulets that I could book before we got there I saw that some other tour companies leave on Thursday. I'll get back to you shortly, have to go find that onfo. Be right back

Jun 8th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Mary

Its me again. The name of the company is Key tours, they have a web site. Sorry their gulets are for 4 or 7 days. Good luck, maybe we'll see you in Turkey. I'll be wearing my fodors pin!

Jun 11th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Katherine Mistilis

Mary,

Would you please email me and let me know how you liked your blue cruise with Key Tours. I am trying to book for the end of September and having a hard time deciding on a tour co. We would fly from Istanbul to Bodrun for a 3 night cuise and fly back into Istanbul.
Please give me as much information as possible

Jun 11th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Susan

I'm interested in this as well. We're thinking of going back to Turkey next year - we saw only a small part of the country last time - and I'm kind of interested in a gulet cruise. I've heard only positive comments - but I'd be reluctant to sign on for a 7 day trip. 3 days sounds better to me.

Jun 26th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Mary

This is for Katherine and Susan. I just got back from my trip to Turkey. I can't write much tonite- way too spaced out from travelling. Will write up entire trip in a day or 2, but for right now the 3 day gulet was the highlight of the trip. I don't know what Pasha had to do with it, besides booking it but it was great. I am 49, and it felt kind of like being back at summer camp. 3 days was perfect for us, any longer would of started making me antsy. I want to go back next year and take my kids. I'll write more in a day or 2. Book it, you won't regret it!

Jun 27th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Susan

Mary, please do post more about your trip! I'm so glad to hear that the gulet cruise was so wonderful and I look forward to reading more.

Jul 1st, 2001, 10:37 AM
Hollis

What's a Blue Cruise? I've been to Istanbul and hope to return to Turkey next year. Don't want to miss out on a good thing.Thanks.

Jul 1st, 2001, 01:12 PM
Mary

A Blue cruise is a wooden sleep that sleeps anywhere from 6 to maybe 16 people and goes along the southern Mediterranean shore of Turkey and the Aegean coast of Turkey. It stops at quaint little seaside villages, resort towns and the many ruins that line Turkeys shores. It ain't fancy, but you get your own room and bath. We didn't sleep in our room once, prefering the deck on mats under the stars. There is usually a captain and cook and maybe 1 other crew mate, who do all the driving cooking and tending to the cruisers. Its maybe the most fun I've had since I was a child!

Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:59 PM
Allan

We just returned from Turkey. Spent 3 of the most satisfying weeks ever. I did the Blue Cruise from Fetiye and also the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. After this cruise I think BLUE is my favorite color. I was able to book thru www.TurkishToursCentral.com. The company has a great web site. Has offices in Maryland and three in Turkey.
And when you arrive at the airport in Turkey, your driver and car is yours throughout your stay. A great guide is included. The prices are lower than one of those commercial tours and you are sure to have as much fun as we had. . .kids and all.
I am sure that anyone planning travel to Turkey will do better with this smaller company than those larger ones. At least the guide lets you shop wherever you want to. And you are in charge of your schedule.